Sunday, May 18, 2008

Don't hate me and my crazy politics!

Ah, so it's quite early in the morning here in the EST and I'm still awake. Why? Well, it's a long story, one I'm not going to get into quite now. Perhaps next post or the one after that. Then again by then I'll surely have forgotten all about it. So never. Nevermind! And is it just me or is EST the best of all the time zones? I mean, really. The whole world pretty much revolves around it. I guess GMT also has a solid argument, but EST really has supplanted it, so much that I think that we should be the new GMT. But that would be too confusing. So nevermind. Forget what I just said. Onto other shit.

While many Democrats thought that Bush was crazy to compare any potential meeting with Iranian leaders to the appeasement of Nazi Germany under Hitler, I really don't think he was too far off the mark. There's far too much talk from the left warning against 'saber rattling' in regards to Iran, which I think is unwarranted. They are and always have been the ones doing the rattling. Naming them as part of the 'axis of evil' didn't all of a sudden swing them back into the extremist column or anything of the sort. I know that liberals hate to think in terms of absolutes like 'good and evil' but these guys...well, they're bad guys. Sixty years after the fact anyone who speaks well of Hitler is branded as a nutcase at best and rightfully so. Yet that doesn't seem to be the case with Iran and its insane president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Do we need to wait until these guys acquire The Bomb and attack Israel? Shit.

Along the same lines (you'll see) I've actually started to become more and more fond of Hilary Clinton the more I hear from her, which is a shame seeing as she's pretty much toast now. Though I still think that John McCain is far and away the best candidate to be the next President of the United States, I actually don't think Hilary would do such a bad job. She has the experience and she has the cajones. She was right on the mark when she said that if Iran were to do the unthinkable and attack Israel, the U.S. would have the potential to utterly destroy them. It wasn't a threat or a warning, it was merely giving a stern reminder and good for her. I'm actually glad in a way that she's not likely to be the Democratic nominee, because she'd be a far more formidable opponent for McCain than Barack Obama. Despite his highly impressive rhetoric, everyday it seems as though this is a guy who is more style than substance and is someone who simply doesn't have the necessary experience to be President.

I was really going to go off on the ruling the California Supreme Court made the other night, grossly overstepping their bounds with their highly irresponsible ruling. Their ignorance in comparing gay marriage to that of interracial marriage is mind-boggling. Again, I'm sure everyone knows how I feel so I'm going to bite my tongue and not elaborate upon this. Hopefully this will go before the people of the state, allowing them to decide this. And despite the fact that I don't wholly agree with Senator McCain's stance on this matter (yet I still support him, a sign that we need not agree on ever issue) it is refreshing that he's promised to appoint judges who respect the constitution if elected president.

Anyways I'll shut up about the political shit now, seeing as how it can only create more enemies for me. Life still sucks and I feel like hell (you have no clue) but on the upside I'm nearly done my list of the Top 100 Movies of All Time, so look for it soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Natmac said...

give me the list so i can argue with you endlessly!!!

ps. i'll be in touch about specific indy plans. chances are we'll probably meet up for a beer or something beforehand.

May 18, 2008 1:36 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Sounds good, I've got the ticket so just lemme know.

And the list is pretty much ready to go, I think I'm going to reveal it here over the span of a week or so with 100-81, etc. every few days.

But I'm still trying to figure out how to do one of those page break things where you don't have to post the entire post and can just have people click on "Read more" or whatever. I still don't know how to do it. Blogging is hard work.

May 18, 2008 6:09 PM  
Blogger Natmac said...

i think i got the 'read more' thing to work a long time ago on one of my old blogs.

check out this site for help on 'expandable post summaries' in blogger.

http://betabloggerfordummies.blogspot.com/2007/02/expandable-post-summaries.html

May 18, 2008 10:12 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Ugh, it seems far too complicated. I suppose I could figure it out if I studied the thing, but it seems like more effort than it's worth. I guess we'll just have to deal with five rather longish posts. Oh well.

May 20, 2008 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker