Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What do the the post labels at the bottom do?

So this is perhaps the first day in recent memory that I haven't woke up feeling like absolute shit, on account of me drinking very heavily the night before (outside of when I knew that I had to wake up to go to work). I decided not to hit the sauce for whatever reason last night, not that I was feeling especially great (I wasn't). I was actually rather nervous and anxious for no particular reason and did have to pop several anti-anxiety pills. Maybe they made me drowsy, so perhaps I didn't need the booze. But I do plan on getting ripped tonight. Yes, this is the life of someone who really hates their life and has nothing else to look forward to! Awesome.

I finally watched the movie Knocked Up a couple of nights ago, after having purposely avoided it for all this time. I knew that it would only serve to depress me and I was dead on. The unbelievably smoking Katherine Heigl is in it, a great reminder that I will never even get close enough to smell a woman who looks that good. I guess it's supposed to have a nice message in a way, that even this chubby, pot-smoking, unemployed, slacker can get a hot broad, but that's not how things seem to work in real life, at least not in experience. It just further drove the point home that I am very much going to be alone for the rest of my life. It's been over a year since my last date and I have absolutely zero prospects of going on another one anytime in the next decade. Anyways, if I could look at it objectively the movie was quite good, but as for someone in my situation, it almost drove me to tears at several point and not in a good, happy way.

Looks like tonight is pretty much do-or-die for Hillary Clinton. She who was once all but anointed the 2008 Democratic nominee for President is now not only in a 'must win' situation, she's in a 'must win big' situation. Anything less than a ten point victory will seem like a huge disappointment and a loss will torpedo her for good. Again this has all been great for John McCain who has such a head start when it comes to focusing on the general election, plus the fact that the longer Obama and Clinton swipe at each other, the better McCain looks. Obama really has begun to lose a little bit of his golden boy luster, the 'bitter' thing certainly won't endear him to working class Democrats, not to mention anyone who already perceives him as an out-of-touch elitist. And if Hilary does somehow become the nominee, it will only be as a result of lotsa back room style bargaining (i.e. with Super delegates). Neither will come out totally unscathed. Longer this goes on, the more likely the odds of President McCain being sworn in come January 2009!

Finally, I thought that this rumor seemed pretty interesting. It's been floated around that Katie Couric will be done as anchor of the CBS Evening News after the inauguration in January. I've been hearing this for a while now. But Katie Couric being 'traded' (do they do that?) to CNN for Anderson Cooper? How crazy, yet sort of cool, would that be? It would probably be good for both sides, as Katie Couric needs a change of scenery and might be a good choice to groom as Larry King's (ugh) replacement. A parrot would do a better job than Larry King, but of course so would Katie. She's a fine personality, I just think she was put into a very difficult situation over at CBS and probably wasn't the best choice to revive their flagging ratings. She tries hard, but she's ill-suited to being the anchor of a major national broadcast. Anderson Cooper on the other hand? If CBS scored him as their new anchor it would be a massive coup. I think it would not only propel them to the top of the ratings, it would keep them there. Check out his now-famous post Hurricane Katrina interview with idiot Louisiana Senator Mary Landieu.



This dip shit is also up for reelection this fall and if she somehow wins, it'll be amazing. New Orleans reelected jerk-ass Ray Nagin in 2006 and if the state returns this lady (who is MUCH worse than he is) they'll have to be the dumbest constituents since...well, probably the people of Detroit (sorry Katie G).

That's all for now. I'm going to perhaps order a pizza in a little bit, watch some baseball, then some news coverage, then drink myself stupid. I'll try and continue on with my super movie list and other not so important stuff. I really should be studying, preparing a resume and looking sor work. Perhaps when I'm happier.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

To make use of the labels, you have to go into Layout and add the Labels page element so they'll show up in your right nav.

April 22, 2008 9:12 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Heh? I have no idea where I'm supposed to be looking. Perhaps I'm not too bright. Where is 'Layout'?

April 23, 2008 11:21 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Ah, okay never mind. I see what I was missing. I'll mess around with it tomorrow perhaps.

April 23, 2008 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker