Saturday, April 05, 2008

300...just like the movie!!

DRUNK!!!

I am so very drunk beyond belief, in fact to the point where it's a struggle for me to type properly. If it weren't for my insistence in maintaining proper spelling and grammar, this post would be a total indecipherable mess. Even without spell-check, I'm a pretty good speller. Anyways, let's continue....wow, I'm having trouble typing....

Anyways, this is my 300th post on the old blog and I'm amazed that I made it this far!! So very many times I've wanted to quit, but there are a few really good folks who keep me going. Yes this is partially for my own therapeutic good, but at the same time I only keep on because of the small but loyal readership that I have and truly value. In the past I've named many of you good folks, so you know who you are. I do this because I honest to God appreciate your readership. To all those who read this on a regular basis, you have no idea just how much it means to me. Thank you with all my heart. Anyways, lest this all be maudlin self-indulgence, I think I should attempt to continue onto a normal post, before the booze really begins to sink in.

So as you can all probably figure out, I'm quite drunk and I just took a time out to go and grab a slice of pizza in between writing paragraphs. Something which was NOT the best of ideas, I will admit. I do love pizza though. It was totally worth it.

Fucking, fuck. I was trying to get through a whole list of shit, including Mariah Carey, more Canadian political correctness, my beloved Toronto Blue Jays, how much I love the hot paint girl at work and some other shit. But I couldn't get through it, because I'm too drunk to type. So perhaps I'll let it be until tomorrow or the next day or perhaps I'll never get to it. Even though I keep saying this, I really am very likely just going to shut this down. Readership is way off what it used to be and if it keeps falling, I don't see a point. So I might be winding down. I do have so many other things I want to get off my chest, but if no one cares, what's the point?

Anyways, to all those who have stuck around this long I really do thank you and I think I need another drink.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Congrats on 300, and to the 300 to come (I'm in denial that you'd really shut down). Cheers to the blog, to the 300th post, cheers to you, my friend.

April 07, 2008 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping (in addition to the topics you mentioned) that you'll write a couple of paragraphs on the passing of one of the last true legends of the screen, Mr. Charlton Heston. Not sure how you felt about him as an actor or person, but I am curious to find out.

Also, the Jays look great so far! We'll have to hit up a game soon.

(heart) Coop

April 07, 2008 10:23 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thanks for the kind words, Daphne. We shall see though. And update your damned blog, I keep checking, but nothing!

And Coop, that's a great idea. I was actually toying with doing a post on Heston over the weekend, but was really busy with studying. I'm still not out of those woods yet, but I'll try to put something together.

And yes, we do need to hit up a game. Home stand from the 16th to the 21st? Lemme know.

April 08, 2008 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker