Friday, March 14, 2008

$4300? A bargain if you ask me.

Man, if that Governor Spitzer dude had just come out and been all like

"Yo, okay, so I likes hookers, all right? So what? Who doesn't? I'm just like, uh, stimulating the economy (and my cock!) and shit like that. Plus, have you seen that ho? She's fucking hot, dudes? Am I right or am I right? Yeah, y'all know what I'm talking about. Anyways, no further questions. Oh wait, I didn't take any. Never mind."

then I think it would have been cool. I for one would have totally understood. But now his life is ruined. Oh well.

Speaking of politics (!?) I was (as usual) digressing heavily from my assignment the other night and came across some cool sights that allow you to test where you stand on the political spectrum. I'm sure most of my regular readers can guess where I stand, but it was still fun to take some tests. Check out the World's Smallest Political Quiz, The Political Compass and The Nolan Chart. The images below show where I place on each of them respectively. I encourage you all to try them out (at least the Smallest one) and let me know where you all scored just for fun!



















































Finally, here's an interesting trivia question for everyone. As some of you may be aware, Broadway musicals used to be really popular not only on the Great White Way, but also on the pop charts. South Pacific was the best selling album of all-time for a while there and not only did original cast recordings used to be huge on the charts, so too did individual songs. While it's sort of hard to believe, many of the big singles back in the day were from musicals, stuff like "Hello, Dolly", "Some Enchanted Evening", etc. even after pop/rock had become big. But that hasn't been the case anymore. But what song is often considered the last big pop chart single from a Broadway musical? I read this somewhere once before and thought of it today as the song came up on my iPod whilst on the subway. Let's see if anyone can guess without google-ing it. I was a young lad when it came out, if that helps any.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

OOoooh, somebody guess the right answer - I want to know!

March 14, 2008 7:08 PM  
Blogger cutekilla said...

I am precisely opposite to you on all three charts... What a shocker.

March 16, 2008 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After completing all 3 surveys, it appears I am a fairly left-leaning person. I suspected as much, cause I love George Clooney.

(heart) Coop

March 16, 2008 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker