Sunday, March 02, 2008

I wonder if any of the Mormons will continue reading? Likely not.

Anyways, it seems as though my brief encounter with Mormonism (probably the closest I'll ever get) is over, so we can return to business as usual. Today is another typical Sunday for me that I'm spending in solitary misery, already rather tipsy and it's not yet dark out. At least I managed to wake up before noon.

I read this story and thought it was simply hilarious. Really just read it, it speaks for itself. It needs no further commentary.

Something just recently occurred to me, one thing in my miserable life that I will not have to worry about. If I ever get married or engaged or even find myself in a long term relationship (all highly unlikely) I'm not too worried about what my significant other's mother will think of me. All older women (i.e. over 40) seem to love me, think I'm just the nicest young man, all that jazz. All my mom's friend's think I'm just swell for instance. The trouble is, their daughters do not. I don't know if it's a case of them (women my own age) not liking me simply because their mothers do, but I think it's probably deeper than that. For instance, at work yesterday I realized how all my female co-workers my own age think I'm a weirdo or a jerk or from outer-space or a loser generally treating me like shit. On the other hand I get along swimmingly with anyone a generation older (or more). This is very depressing and has been the case pretty much my entire life.
















Finally, I neglected to mention (in a previous post) the true highlight of the Oscars, that being the unbelievably gorgeous Katherine Heigl. When I saw her on the red carpet, I almost died and was actually making all sorts of weird noises to myself. She is seriously, incredibly beyond stunning and seeing women like her makes me morbidly upset for obvious reasons, seeing as I will never even touch a woman 1/10th as good looking as she is. Also she's married to some dude whose level of chest hair exceeds Robin Williams levels, something which makes me even more depressed. It's really nasty. Anyways, she may just be the most beautiful woman in the world, I don't know. Seeing as I love lists, I'm tempted to make another one, not having done a "Top Ten Hottest" for over two years. But again, it might just make me more depressed. God I'm lonely.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heigl's a babe, certainly, and was raised Mormon!

But I think she smokes now, so I think that means she's going to Mormon Hell. Which is to say New York City.

Kidding!

beer

March 03, 2008 10:48 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Well if I wind up in heaven and Katherine Heigl's not there, I don't want to go.

And after some thought, it may indeed be time for another infantile "Top Ten Hottest" list, even if it does depress me.

March 03, 2008 4:58 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Oh, the poor inbred West Virginians with unique features. They finally get a chance to shine in Hollywood, and somebody deems it inappropriate.

March 05, 2008 10:12 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I actually visited West Virginia once quite a few years back and it seemed nice enough to me. Granted I spent most of my time in Charleston and not the mountains, but the one thing I recall was how friendly the people were there.

However I am white and don't have any sort of foreign accent, which I suspect may have helped.

March 05, 2008 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker