Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I am a sad and lonely drunk. Tomorrow will not change that.

Asshole of the Day: Steven Spielberg. It seems Spielberg (whom I've ripped on before here) has quit as an adviser to the 2008 Beijing Olympics because of China's lack of action towards the conflict (read: genocide) in the Darfur region. Seems like a noble stance, yes? Well, no. How about quitting because of HUGE number of gross human rights violations continuously perpetrated by this repressive and backwards country? Ah yes, that's right, it's not a trendy enough reason. While what's happened and continues in Darfur sickens me as well don't quit as adviser because China "should be doing more to end the continuing human suffering there." EVERY country that has the means should be doing more, you pompous prick. But communist China never should have gotten the '08 games to begin with and you never should have supported them. What's next, 2016 in Riyadh? Ugh.

Cool Person of the Day: Gwyneth Paltrow. Apparently Gwyneth and hubby Chris Martin are looking to adopt a baby. But unlike Madonna and Angelina Jolie, they're not going the route of picking some country that they (or no one else) has heard of and would like to help out a child in need from her own hometown. Like she says "No baby is more helpless than another baby" which is quite true. Angelina Jolie trotting around the world, saying she wants to adopt a child from every continent (Antarctica too?) is such self-serving bullshit. Of course adopting is a great thing to do but I've always felt that part of their rational is "hey, let's adopt a kid from some poor country, preferably one where they're not white or Christian or speak English. That'll look MUCH better than adopting some stupid local kid". Maybe I'm totally cynical but I've always totally gotten that impression. Helping out needy people is great but too often those closer to our own homes are forgotten because it doesn't look as good for P.R. or isn't as sexy or whatever.

Gross Couple of the Day: Josh Hartnett and Bruce & Demi's nasty daughter? Sadly I think it was on the old blog (which is lost to time) that I wrote about just how totally gross Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's daughter Rumer is. These are two very attractive people but their kid looks like one of those old Conan O'Brien sketches were he just blends two faces together. Anyways, it looks like Hollywood heartthrob Josh is seeing her. I know I'm not exactly Cary Grant but woof. Plus I'm not the only one who thinks so. When I did a Yahoo! search for 'Rumer Willis' the first 'also recommended' search it suggests? 'Rumer Willis ugly'. But she has rich parents so I suppose she doesn't need to worry.

I had another post (mostly political) ready to go but it'll have to wait. I was doing too many of them anyways.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Ya, Rumer's not the prettiest, is she? She's not bad from the nose up - but yowsa, what a chin!

February 14, 2008 10:14 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I'm not usually one to knock someone based on their looks given my low opinion of myself, unless they deserve it like the rat-like Paris Hilton who also happens to be a vapid bitch.

But Rumer really is too ugly to let alone. Especially given the fact she comes from such good stock. Also if she were anyone else there's no way she'd be dating Hollywood stars or ever acting in anything.

February 14, 2008 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker