Tuesday, December 04, 2007

How long will it take until I'm locked up in the nut-house? Let's start taking bets!

Hey, sorry about that last depressing post. Despite the blog's name, I'm pretty sure that no one really likes the depressing posts that much. I still wish I was dead (more than ever) but I'll try to mix it up somewhat, alternate from depressing to amusing to controversial to... well in this case, insane.

I for one have no problem with FOX News refusing to air an ad featuring American traitor and Hugo Chavez butt-boy Danny Glover. I love all these assholes who think that the United States is so evil, yet Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro are these paragons of freedom and virtue. Yes, I'm quite aware that many people really don't like George W. Bush. That's cool. As I've pointed out, he will no longer be President as of January 2009! If Mr. Chavez had his way (and thankfully he did not, at least until he scales back democracy even further in Venezuela) he would be President for life! With the right to make all the laws he wants, throw anyone and everyone in jail, totally control the media and dispose of any sort of judiciary. Awesome! Why don't people seem to get that this guy is a truly bad dude? Go and fucking live in Venezuela, in the slums of Caracas Mr. Glover and see just how much Chavez is doing for the poor that he champions so much. Take Sean Penn and Harry Belafonte with you. I'd have Danny Glover executed for treason if it were up to me, but it's not (which is probably a good thing).

The only Oscar awarded to the greatest film of all-time and to the greatest Hollywood talent of all-time is up for auction. I just hope that Stephen Spielberg doesn't buy it. He has this habit of buying old Oscars and donating them back to the Academy. That seems like a nice thing, but it's not. You see, the fascist Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences makes winners sign this waiver that doesn't allow them to sell an Oscar before offering it to the Academy first for ONE DOLLAR. What assholes. So what if someone wants to sell their award? Geez, maybe F. Murray Abraham's career has been in the toilet since 1987 and he needs some extra cash. He gave one great performance, let him sell his Oscar to the highest bidder if he wants. Maybe George C. Scott was a violent alcoholic who beat his kids and his award brings nothing but bad memories to his family and they want to sell his Oscar. Fucking let them already and make a few bucks. Why must they be such douche bags? By the way, it doesn't apply to Oscars before 1950, which is why the Citizen Kane Oscar can be sold.

And why are people still hassling this poor woman? She's one of the school teachers who was 'convicted' of having sex with a student. A student who by all that's fair and good, deserves to have his balls cut off as far as I'm concerned. Here he is, banging his seriously hot teacher and instead of thanking God every single night, he turns her in (or something like that). What a little shit. If it was me, I'd have never breathed a word and if asked about it, I'd have denied it up and down (except to my friends). She's a woman and she's HOT. Was there some sort of victim here? This episode of South Park pretty much sums up the logical argument in this and similar cases. Leave this totally hot woman alone, she did nothing wrong.

And I've been wondering something. As someone who has always had a laundry machine and drier in their house, what do people do while they do their laundry either in their building or at a laundromat etc. ? I mean, does one just sort of sit there like an idiot for 40 minutes while the thing spins? And then another 20 or so while you run the drier? How does it work? Do you just go off somewhere and come back when it's done? You think that would make the most sense, but then wouldn't your clothing be susceptible to theft? Are there locks on the machines? I mean, sitting there for like an hour while you go through the process sounds retarded to me. Who has the time or patience for that? And that's only for one load. Most people probably do like one load a week, when you account for the fact you can't mix whites, blacks, colours, delicates etc. So what the fuck? Someone please explain this to me.

That's it for now. For the record, yes I am starting to lose my mind and I do predict it's only a matter of time until I suffer some sort of breakdown. Wheeee!

8 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

I think, though I've never done it myself, people take a book or homework to the laundromat and just wait. And they do a few loads at the same time - one machine for whites, one for darks, etc.

December 05, 2007 11:10 AM  
Blogger cutekilla said...

In my old apartment building, I would take all my laundry down, load up seven washers and leave them running, making sure I was back down in time to load everything in to the dryer. I guess I left myself exposed to panty thieves, but whatevs... The only time people touch your stuff is usually when you've left it in the washer long after the cycle was finished, and they were pissed.

I probably wouldn't do that at a public laundromat, though.

December 05, 2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Ugh, take a book or homework? Who could concentrate enough to do that? But I guess that is better than just sitting there. Still seems like a waste of time.

And it's a good thing I didn't live in your old building, Killa. I'd have totally swiped a pair of your panties.

December 06, 2007 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that's creepy. (see above)

But seriously folks, as someone who's had to frequent a public 'buanderie' you read a magazine, or play the tetris arcade machine, or go get a coffee and a croissant, or just walk home, watch some 'Maury' and come back in 20 minutes to transfer things to the drier. Who steals damp clothes? Exposing your laundry to your neighbours is the kind of intimate/public thing that draws a community together.

In the winter it's a hassle, but in the summer it was pleasant, really.

There's a great 'mat in montreal that has a little cafe attatched, so you can have a sandwich and a coffee and a smoke while your stuff spins.

beer

December 06, 2007 10:37 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Creepy? You're such a liar. We'd totally be fighting over her unmentionables if we had half the chance and you know it.

But the cafe thing is pretty nice, I must say. Hadn't even considered that.

December 06, 2007 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do yourself a favor and buy a gameboy, its the best way to kill time while your laundry spins and spins. and regarding the panties? what are you going to do with them? wear them? heaven forbid something worse. also doing laundry doesnt take that long, max 1 hr. i mean you always complain about not leaving the house, here is a situtation where you actualy HAVE to do that.

d

December 08, 2007 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using public laundrymats for more than 7 years. I prefer to leave it and go for a walk. If you stick around people will start talking to you. So if you hate people, go get a coffee and shop and such. No one will steal your stuff.

December 08, 2007 3:06 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I'd probably just mount them on my wall or something. Perhaps try and sell them on eBay.

December 09, 2007 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker