Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sweet and sour

Once again I do apologize for the complete lack of updates. I often whine and whine how no one reads this blog and yet I only post something new every five or six days, so what should I expect? Then again, I always manage to find something to complain about.

Schoolwork is once again the culprit here for the most part, seeing as we're very near to the end of the semester and I'm working on an essay at the moment and also have a test tomorrow. I could have done some of this over the weekend, but I had to help my sister move on Friday, worked and actually went out to a birthday thing on Saturday and felt really down to the point of not being able to move much on Sunday. So one essay was started and completed yesterday and I hope to finish this one by sometime tomorrow, thus making it only one day late (2% hit, not so bad).

But a couple of fun things that I came across while digressing heavily from essay writing (400 words down, about 1200 to go). One is a nice memory from my childhood (and perhaps yours) while the other is actually rather sick and disturbing, even by my standards.

On one of my random Wikipedia digressions I somehow went from the Cold War (which I'm writing about) to the culture thereof and wound up with the song "Wind of Change" by the Scorpions. So I'm reading a bit about the German hard rock veterans and stumbled across this here, easily the most seriously tasteless record cover in all of history. I've provided the link, but there's no way I'm going to post the picture here. It's just really wrong on every level and I'm really not easily offended. If you can't control your sick curiosity feel free to check it out! I guess it was supposed to be provocative and shocking, but I really can't see how anyone would think is even remotely appropriate. As a bizarre aside, I actually had an opportunity (free ticket) to see the Scorpions in concert this summer, but didn't reply to the voice message in time.

On a much more pleasant note enjoy the video below. It's been a while since I saw it and it brought a big smile to my face. I always loved Ernie and Bert's antics and this is easily one of my favorite Sesame Street moments.



Touching and sweet. Makes me almost forget all my troubles and it really makes me long for simpler times.

6 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

That is disturbing... I felt the same way when I watched Pretty Baby recently; no one would be allowed to make a movie like that today.

November 28, 2007 6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that virgin was rocked like a hurricane!

-beer

November 28, 2007 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Oh Beer, there's no one like you.

-Coop

November 28, 2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

You're both very sick bastards, yet I love it. Also, I would have responded with something clever, but we've officially run out of Scorpions songs that anyone has ever heard of to make reference to.

November 28, 2007 2:44 PM  
Blogger cutekilla said...

You do know that Bert and Ernie were gay, don't you Mike?

So was the virgin on that Scorpions cover. OK, OK, I'll admit that was just an unsubstantiated rumour.

November 29, 2007 12:25 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

They were not gay! Why did they sleep in separate beds if they were? Geez, because two men live in the same apartment together, it doesn't necessarily make them homosexuals. Besides, I distinctly remember Ernie having a lady-friend at one point.

November 30, 2007 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker