Sunday, February 10, 2008

I feel Numb! (too much is not enough)

Here we are with some amusing and perhaps (I hope) disturbing thoughts for the weekend. I really, really want to update this more often but my present condition just doesn't seem to allow for it.

My sources tell me that Heath Ledger was not the victim of an accidental overdose as the authorities would have you believe. Instead I have reason to believe that Mary-Kate Olsen had Heath killed after it became evident that she could not posses him. There seems to be some link between the masseuse who claims to have found him and Ms. Olsen. I've yet to determine exactly what it is, but I have little doubt as to the fact that she murdered Heath Ledger on her orders.

Also just in, I am now able to confirm that Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson ended their relationship as a result of pressure placed on the Dallas QB by his Wide Receiver, Terrell Owens. You see, Owens and Romo are involved in a gay relationship and while Tony was attempting to break it off an 'go straight' as it were, T.O. was determined to keep his man at any cost. So he threatened to expose the affair. Need proof? Just change the first letter of Tony Romo's last name. SEE!

I just made the above two things up, because it seemed like fun. But my whole life is a lie, so I don't feel so bad about it.

The more I head Mike Huckabee speak in interviews and debates and speeches, the more I actually like the fellow. This still doesn't mean that I would support the fellow. While I'm proud to call myself a strong conservative, I actually have little use for the 'religious right' other than as a reliable right-wing voting block. I'm a strong believer in the separation of church and state and that religion should have nothing to do with politics, something which really puts me at odds with Gov. Huckabee. That being said, every time I listen to the guy he comes across as very sincere, genuine, civil and genuinely polite. I see everyone else sniping at everyone else and Huckabee seems to be above that. While it may be a small point, it's something I appreciate. Civility matter a lot to me.

Along (sort of) similar lines, I can't stand people who are totally partisan in the politics and completely unwilling to ever, EVER give the other side any credit. Case in point when I was talking with my friend Marty Boy who is a die-hard liberal. We're the oldest of friends despite the fact we're on complete opposite sides of the political spectrum. In itself I think that's great because despite our differences we always find common ground (i.e. football, cigars and beer) and respect each other's views. But I do think that I'm far more willing to be fair in regards to the other side. Case in point, he wasn't even able to bring himself to agree that Mitt Romney is (was?) the best looking of all the Presidential candidates. He said it was Obama. I mean Barack isn't a bad looking fellow, but COME ON. It's not even close here. Am I right or am I right?

Here's a great movie review that I stumbled upon which pretty much hits the nail right on the head. I laughed aloud when I read it.

Finally, is it wrong that I was once so hard up for drugs that I took codeine that wasn't prescribed for me? No, I'm sure lots of people have done that. But codeine that was prescribed for my DOG?! Just try to top that one on the pathetic-o-meter.

My life is wretched and I should probably go to bed. Yay!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen, saying Obama's the better looking candidate has nothing to do with politics. It's common sense. Look at the man.

February 11, 2008 10:57 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Give me a break. I'm not saying Obama is a bad looking fellow but to say that he's better looking than Mitt Romney? It's not even remotely close.

February 11, 2008 2:02 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I think Mitt is a little creepy. Remember when you were little and at school they tried to warn you that even the seemingly normal neighbour could be a 'bad man,' even though he looks clean cut? That's what Mitt Romney reminds me of. He always looks a little too, "Trust me, little girl. The candy is good!"

Though, I don't really think Obama is that handsome either.

February 13, 2008 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker