Thursday, January 03, 2008

I survived New Year's eve (i.e. wasn't alone in garage, with car running)

Happy New Year to all the nice people who still read this. I was thinking of abandoning this blog (for the 481st time) but one of my resolutions will be to update it more often, so I've decided. We'll see if it takes hold. My other resolution (that I made on New Year's) was to be generally less pleasant and more of an asshole. I don't know how I came up with that one, but I think it has something to do with me being far too much of a pushover, too reticent and not assertive enough. Again, we'll see if it actually takes hold.

Went over to Beer's new place for his (apparently) annual New Year's soirée. Though he warned me beforehand that it likely wouldn't be all that 'happening', I really had no other viable options and in fact had as good a time as I could ever expect to have on New Year's (a dig against the holiday, not the party itself). It was more of a casual, low-key, 'sit down' affair, which suits me just fine. And though he warned me that there would be no single girls there (a side effect of being in a live-in relationship), his lady friend's cousins were pretty cute, I must say! The only real downside was that I didn't really drink (seeing as I had to drive) but other than that had a good time. My thanks go out to Beer once again and hopefully his promise of a standing invite will at least ensure that I don't have to spend New Year's alone in years to come.

Seeing as I haven't updated this in a week, I also have lots on my mind regarding the return of late night television, the Iowa Caucuses, the end of smoking in France and of course, football. Plus I'm trying to work on a 'Year in Review' sort of post, like I have in the past. But I'll save the former for later on today (yes, I'll go for two posts in a day) and the latter for perhaps tomorrow if I can finish it. Right now I have to pick up my dry cleaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker