Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A couple of things that made me sick today, besides my non-stop drinking



















This is a photo of people who actually showed up to support Michael Vick yesterday at his sentencing yesterday. When I saw this, I almost threw up, no joke. These people make me just as sick as he does. If this were my hearing (or for any of Vick's non-famous buddies for that matter) the only people lurking outside would be those ready to spit on me and rightfully so. I actually did for a second think that maybe this guy was sorry, but it's obviously not the case and any halfway rational person can see that. These people are absolute filth and the fact that they think he's some sort of hero or victim or something....disgusting. They should be rounded up, shot and chopped up into dog food. I'm not joking. These people are a waste of space. Fucking sick.

Another story which made me sick was this one. It's quite close to home, in fact I know several people who attended this high school and it was right around the corner from where I went. Can't really say that it shocks me too much, though it does infuriate me. Seems that people just don't get it, that in this country you're allowed to wear whatever the hell you want and that women are not second class citizens. If you want to force your wives and daughters to do, wear, say and think what you tell them to, move to Saudi Arabia. But that isn't how things work here. Very sad. Even worse, I've been watching some news coverage of it and the liberal media is questioning whether or not we as Canadians are the ones to blame for not being accepting enough of other cultures and discriminating against women who wear hijabs! Unreal. Way to totally miss the point here. The Canadian public didn't kill this poor girl. Her insane fundamentalist father, adhering to the strict guidelines set forth by the 'Religion of Peace', did.

But seriously I don't know if this is a cultural or religious thing and I don't really care. This isn't the fucking dark ages anymore and if people don't get that, they don't belong in a progressive and tolerant society. This has nothing to do with 'culture' or 'religion' but everything to do with simple human rights. Sickening.

2 Comments:

Blogger cutekilla said...

I don't think it's a cultural/religious issue at all, I think it comes down to the difference between right and wrong, and killing someone because they won't do what you want them to do is FLAT OUT WRONG! This man is clearly an abusive bastard and they should lock his ass up and throw away the key.

December 12, 2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I don't think that any sane person will argue that this guy was wrong in every sense and does deserve to be locked up for all time.

But there were certainly reasons why this scumbag did what he did and to say that religion or culture had nothing to do with it? I'm not ready to buy that.

December 12, 2007 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker