Sunday, January 27, 2008

Anyone for bowling? (see the movie and you'll get it)

I just got home a short while ago and while I really want to go to bed, I did feel somewhat inclined to post something on the blog I swore that I would be updating frequently and yet rarely do. I had a particularly miserable day (or night, whatever) today and was quite prepared to write about it, but now I'm too tired, too miserable and too drunk. I really am spiraling into oblivion here, struggling to keep my head above water and all sorts of other colorful metaphors. I have something like twelve weeks left of school and then I will have finally completed my woeful undergraduate degree in English (albeit from Canada's top University). As sad as that may be (at age 26) it's probably the only thing keeping me going, seeing as I'd feel so stupid to be so close and having four years and thousands of dollars go down the drain. Otherwise I would very likely not be getting out of bed at all and they'd have to commit me, which actually seems like a very pleasant thought right about now.

Anyways, I digress. Sorry for that tangent. I'm drunk, as usual.

I'll try to write about what I was intending to write about tomorrow (later today, whatever) but I can make no guarantees. If I did, there's just a very good chance I'd let you down, something I'm actually very good at doing.

For now, all I will say is that if you are reading this, do yourself a colossal favor and go see There Will Be Blood if it's playing at a theater near you. Like tomorrow or as soon as you can. If you're planning to go see something else (like Cloverfield or Meet the Spartans or some other crap) please go see this instead. I do not currently posses the faculties to do anything resembling a complete review, but the film is simple outstanding. I was looking forward to seeing it for a while and I was not disappointed. While I greatly enjoyed No Country For Old Men and it's a fine film, 'Blood' is nothing short of a masterpiece that throws all subtlety and restraint out the window. This is a huge epic in the grandest of Hollywood tradition, something that I haven't seen in a very long time. It starts off quietly and keeps climbing until it reaches its remarkable climax. Daniel Day-Lewis is un-fucking-real and as someone who has a fairly good grasp on film history from 1896 onward, I don't think that it's too much of a stretch to say that this may be the cinema's finest of all actors at his absolute peak. See this movie NOW.















Okay, that's it. God, I wish I had some coke. Just a little would do....no, I guess a little wouldn't ever be enough, would it? No. I guess I'm off to bed then. It's the only place I'm ever happy, even though I sleep there alone every single night (Bobo notwithstanding). I really don't know how much longer I can keep on...okay, I'm finished.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beer said...

UofT the top university? Wrong.

Concordia! Stinger pride!

And you're right on about TWBB. Drainage.

January 27, 2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

My straw reaches across the room...I drink your milkshake.

January 27, 2008 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker