Friday, March 21, 2008

Holy crud, two posts within a couple hours?

Yeah well, it's a long weekend. I have the day off tomorrow, don't have anywhere to be (surprise), am sort of drunk (bigger surprise) and am catching up on internet reading. So a few more things.

Please, PLEASE Lord, don't let this be anything more than a minor setback. I don't want to finish in third place again this year. We need B.J. Ryan back sometime before his contract expires.

This article describes me pretty damned well. I am often embarrassed to use coupons, feel the need to buy designer label clothing, wear expensive scents, drink expensive Scotch, stay in nice hotels (back in the day), spend lots of money on strippers, pick up tabs that I can't afford and in general maintain the illusion that money is of little concern to me. Basically all because I am simply terrified to let on that I could ever be in a financial pinch. What would people think? I'd rather actually go hungry in private than appear so in public. Perhaps if I had anything else going for me I'd be able to get away with it, but....well, you know.

Finally, I'm really having trouble staying awake when it's most important. Of course it's now 1:30 in the morning and I'm wide awake. But in the middle of the day I can't bloody well stay awake, even after a decent night's sleep. For instance last night I got a solid eight hours sleep and it wasn't restless so far as I could tell. I did actually have a very odd dream but I don't care to go into it. I dreamed about someone and something I don't believe I've ever dreamt about before. It was really quite vivid and in some ways disturbing, though it didn't actually disturb my rest.

Sorry, I digress again.

Anyways, it's really bad. I'm trying to get some reading done in between classes and I can't fucking stay awake. I fall asleep while on the subway or in class or just while surfing the internet or watching TV. If I'm home when this narcolepsy hits me, I usually go to take a nap. I set my alarm to wake me after a half hour or so, but I inevitably hit the snooze and by the time I finally do wake up from it, it's spiraled completely out of control, me having been asleep for several hours. It's brutal. Why am I so fucking tired all the bloody time, even after I should be sufficiently rested?

Anyways, I'll leave you with the one funny side-effect of this. As I said, it often strikes me whilst in class and trooper that I am, I still attempt to carry on with my note taking. I showed this to my mother once and she thought it was a riot. It's probably funnier with me narrating as you read it, but my totally illegible sleep-notes are pretty funny. Enjoy kids and please excuse any potential spelling errors. I have added some commentary in blue


2 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Your class notes are pretty entertaining :)

March 22, 2008 11:32 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I know, even I was laughing when I looked over them. This is me taking notes on a book I've actually read and I have no clue what I was trying to write. I can only imagine what it looks like to someone else.

March 23, 2008 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker