Sunday, March 30, 2008

A really random thought on the nature of the music industry

I stumbled across this the other day and it reminded me of a thought I had when I first watched the Live 8 thing a few years back. Why is Robbie Williams not a big star in North America? I mean he's huge in the U.K. and pretty much all over the rest of the world, yet he's barely even known on this side of the pond, despite numerous (failed) attempts to sell him over here. I don't get it. He's handsome as hell, radiates charm, is a fine singer and totally knows how to work a crowd. Case in point, just watch the performance of "Angels" below. It's his only semi-hit in the U.S. and in fact even Jessica Simpson's awful cover version charted higher. I really don't get it. Oh well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Ya, I don't get it either.

March 31, 2008 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker