Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Whatever happened to Eliot Spitzer's hooker? That was a quick 15 minutes!

I really do love baseball and I truly love my Toronto Blue Jays. I've come to realize this. I think it goes Bobo, then baseball, then everything else. I've watched pretty much every game that I've been able to this season (if I'm at home), even if the game isn't close, like today's match up, where the Jays beat up on the Orioles to finish their road trip at a very good 4 and 1. They're now 8 and 6 on the season and all but one of their losses have been by a single run! Pretty impressive. Even though I was sorta pessimistic (for no particular reason) before the season started, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. From actually watching them play, this is looking like a very solid ball club. The starting pitching has been especially good and that is the most important part to winning ballgames, so far as I'm concerned. I'm going to the game on Thursday (Halladay is pitching!) and really hope to take in as many as I can this year, having only been to one last year, which is my all-time low. So if anyone wants to go, I'm up for it any time!

What else...I guess I should occasionally try to talk about things other than baseball. I know not everyone loves it as much as I do (though they should). I think it's great that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are still slugging it out over who will be the Democratic nominee in November. While most people seem to agree that Obama will get it, the longer they go at it, the more it really helps John McCain. I do think that whoever wins on the Democratic side, McCain will win the general election, though I'm also pretty sure that the Dems will retain control of the House and the Senate.

Also now we have someone else saying that Obama is being helped by the fact he's black, this time a very notable African American, BET founder Bob Johnson. Now I'm not anywhere close to endorsing Senator Obama for President and I do think he's an elitist who is even to the left of Ted Kennedy. But I've never been sure of how much of his success is owing to the fact that he's black. Off the bat, I do think that it helps him. As Johnson said, his race does help him almost automatically start off with a huge chunk of the African American vote. But I've always been quick to give Obama credit for a lot of things. Firstly, he is a fantastic speaker, both eloquent and and engaging. He's obviously a very passionate fellow, something which I don't think you can fake. And he seems to bring together people from many different walks of life, which is great. I always couldn't stand Jesse Jackson and his so-called "Rainbow Coalition". The last time I checked, rainbows are made up of many different colours, Jesse. Barack Obama's backers actually are of many divergent backgrounds, another thing I certainly give him credit for. But would he be as popular if he were just another white guy? I'm loathe to say probably not, which is a shame because he certainly is an exciting candidate, even if I may at time question his substance and certainly don't agree with his views.

I've been wanting to attempt another 'list' post, sort of like the ones I've done in the past with TV theme songs or Cold War songs, but perhaps more like my really big Top 100 of the 80s one. A return to the Top Ten Hottest is something I've thought of, but for a while I've wanted to take on a more ambitious project, like the Top 100 Movies of All-Time or perhaps even the Top 100 Songs (or even a huge Top 500!!). Anyways, if anyone wants to see something (if you care) let me know. Seeing as I have lots of time on my hands, I think it might be a fun endeavor to take on. The only caveat is that once completed whatever list I come up with is gospel and cannot be challenged. Sorry.

Finally, this really sucks (literally). It seems there is a yet another sex tape coming out of Hollywood (pun!) and it involves the long-dead (but still super hot) Marilyn Monroe!! It seems Norma Jeane was a-head (pun!) of her time, having been filmed 'performing' years before it became trendy. But what sucks is that the guy who now owns the tape, won't release it. Bummer. As I've always said, we (the public) own celebrities, whether they are dead or alive. Without us they'd be nothing and I think it's an outrage that we're not going to get to see Marilyn sucking c*ck. If elected, I will ensure that any last vestige of privacy that the rich and famous have be eliminated once and for all. Okay, perhaps this is why I will never be elected. And possibly why I should cut back on the sauce.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sex tape possibly faked:

http://defamer.com/380219/exclusive-debunking-the-marilyn-monroe-sex-tape-hoax

pb

April 16, 2008 11:12 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I'd like to see the top 100 movies.

April 16, 2008 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

April 17, 2008 2:01 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

PB: Dang, I don't know if this makes me happy or not. In a way it does, because if it doesn't exist, it should make me happy because I'm not missing anything, yet at the same time I could've clung to some home that it might have 'leaked out' somehow. But it probably is too good to be true, besides I'm not inclined to believe it without any shred of proof.

Daphne: That's actually the one I've been trying to do for a while and it might be the most fun. I'll see what I can do.

GPS: I don't know who you are or even if you're a real person. But I do like those cool map dealies you put in cars these days, even if your grammar is abysmal.

April 18, 2008 12:00 AM  
Blogger Natmac said...

Hey Mike,

How about the top 25 greatest music videos based on either concept or political significance?

Or maybe the top 10 worst films of the '90s?

April 18, 2008 4:42 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Hmm, no those both seem too esoteric and would probably take up even too much of my time, which is quite...

Hey, wait a minute! You're just making fun of me! :(

April 18, 2008 7:36 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Cool, I look forward to it.

And thanks for the kick in the butt the other day - I hadn't blogged in a month. Work had become pretty all-consuming and the last thing I wanted to do when I finished working was spend more time at the computer. Anyway, I've written a few new posts.

April 18, 2008 7:49 PM  
Blogger Natmac said...

Actually, I was being serious. No teasing or 'making fun of' intended. I think the music video one could be really interesting but I'm sure whatever you decide upon will be just as good.

April 18, 2008 8:06 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Ooh, I'd also like to see the 10 worst films of the 90s. I'd expect to see a good showing of Pauly Shore flicks in there.

April 18, 2008 10:12 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Good to see that the both of you are back in the game, at least for the time being!

But I already did a list of the ten best Cold War songs, which is sort of close (ish) to the political video idea, but the bad movie list one is something I'd consider. Back when I was taking Cinema Studies in university, I had posited the idea of a 'bad movies' course of some sort. I think it would be a blast to take.

And interestingly enough, I just watched a bad movie from the 90s, Abraxas, Guardian of the Galaxy starring Jesse "The Body" Ventura! It was dreadful (and the DVD quality even worse).

April 18, 2008 10:54 PM  
Blogger Natmac said...

please! pauly shore has no bad films (except for all the ones with him in it) for serious though i am partial to 'encino man'. it's quality.

a 'bad movies' course is a good idea. you can learn a lot about good movies by watching bad ones. selecting the films for the course would be really fun too.

April 18, 2008 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker