Friday, April 11, 2008

All this plus I have a tooth ache

God, I'm depressed. The weather outside is not pleasant. Rain, close to freezing, just a huge mess. The duckies have returned to my back yard which always makes me smile, but it just isn't enough today. Such nice duckies. I'm sure they don't mind the rain, but it really is damned cold. And yes, I'm aware that we probably get a different pair of ducks every year. I still like having them.

Also the Jays were swept, at home by the Oakland A's. After looking so good against the defending World Champs, to lose three straight to a team that's clearly in a rebuilding mode? Ugh. They seem to play so well against the Red Sox and the Yankees, but just like last year it seems like there's a lack of motivation against lesser teams. And in each of the games the team blew it either in the ninth or in extras. I have very little to live for and baseball is part of that. I know it's still very early (i.e. The Orioles sure as hell aren't going to hang onto first in the A.L. East) but if the Blue Jays don't make the post season this year, I'm going to hang myself. I just don't think I can take it any longer.

This was some good news that doesn't affect me in the slightest or make any difference in the world. Great to see that Craig Ferguson bear Conan O'Brien in the ratings. His show is easily heads and tails above Conan's, so it's nice to see him doing well. I know a lot of people were scratching their heads when CBS gave the slot to Ferguson in the first place, but it turns out they were dead on. He's probably the best late night host on the air, maybe even better than Letterman and certainly better than Conan, who seems to just get less amusing as time goes by. He's seriously not funny and I'm sure NBC is probably less than thrilled that he'll be taking over the Tonight Show in a year's time.

As a big Elvis fan, I should probably be depressed over the fact that Mariah Carey has now surpassed Elvis with 18 number one single on the Billboard charts and now trails only The Beatles. But I'm actually not. Why? Because let me ask you, how many of those Mariah Carey songs could you name off the top of your head? Probably not too many. Now even if I were to give you a list of them, you think you could probably sing a bar or two of them all? I doubt it. But I'll bet you could more than likely do so with those Elvis or Beatles songs. Just a couple of years ago, Elvis: 30 #1 Hits topped the charts, with some songs on the album being close to fifty years old!! A few years before, The Beatles had an even bigger chart success with their 1 Album. Can you see Mariah selling like this years after she's gone? Don't think so.

Anyways, I don't know what else to say. I finished my last day of class ever yesterday. Have three exams, the last of which is on May 7th. I'm not in any danger of failing anything (unless I don't show up to them or something) so I'm pretty much done. Now I have no reason to get up in the mornings. I guess I have to look for work now...what in the hell am I going to do with an English degree? Dick all. For four years I managed to delay the inevitable, that I'm not going anywhere. And now my time is up. Great. Now you see why I'm so cheery.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

come to japan.

drock

April 13, 2008 11:02 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I know, I know. But moving someplace (Japan and Alberta are the two I usually get) are my very last options, for one very big reason, namely Bobo.

April 14, 2008 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker