Friday, April 25, 2008

If they banned alcohol, I'd hang myself

Here's another fairly disjointed post, seeing as I'm (surprise surprise!) rather drunk.

First off, I didn't have any plans tonight (another shocker!) so I decided to stay in and watch some TV. I was too lazy to go through the arduous process of picking a DVD and then putting it in the machine (hard work, I know), so I just surfed around until I found something amusing on. I settled on Death Wish 3 on AMC. I didn't know that it was considered an 'American Movie Classic', but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. Anyways, it was fantastic! It's basically just 90 minutes of Charles Bronson taking the law into his own hands and blowing away all sorts of 'creeps' that the police are powerless to stop. So far as I can gather, as the series progressed it became more of him just shooting punks with less plot. How can you lose!? Sadly Bronson is no longer with us, but I'm still holding out hope for "Son of Death Wish".

Normally I'd have been watching baseball, but the Blue Jays suddenly fucking suck. Being swept by Tampa? Not cool. I actually have a friend who is in Orlando (where they played this series) and was at the game last night and she was not impressed by their lackluster performance. Scott Rolen is apparently set to rejoin (or join, whichever) the club very soon, something I pray will help. The offense has simply been a disaster, so much to the point where I might even welcome them signing (sigh) Barry Bonds.

I do think this is pretty sweet though. I really, really try my best to stay in the closet as somewhat of a nerd and am pretty good at succeeding most of the time. But as a huge Lord of the Rings fan, I think that Guillermo del Toro is a great choice to direct The Hobbit. Judging from the work he did on Hellboy and the very awesome Pan's Labyrinth, he seems perfectly suited to it.

Are we running out of food now too? Good Lord, what the hell is going? I for one think this is just so much paranoid horse-shit. Oil at $120 a barrel? It should be around $70, MAYBE $80 at the very most. This artificial high is insane, as is this supposed shortage of foodstuffs. Why is everything going so cuckoo-caca, with everyone losing their heads? We need to settle the fuck down as far as I'm concerned. The world is not ending people. I know things aren't perfect, but geez.

Israel's ambassador the United Nations has called former President Jimmy Carter a bigot. This comes as no shock to me whatsoever, even long before his pleasant little sit down with the leader of the terrorist hate group Hamas. I just loved the little book he wrote about 'Israeli Apartheid', a term that so many anti-Semites seem to throw around without actually knowing the proper definition of the term.I'm just thankful that there is one permanent UN security council member that stands up to support the only democracy in the Middle East.

I think that this is great news. Not only because all of our celebrities should be in jail, but because Wesley Snipes just seems like a real dick. Maybe if he made better movies I'd be more sympathetic.

Finally, a couple of interesting things happened to me today. I went into work (cigar store) today and as I was stumbling in before having consumed my coffee, I actually thought for a second that these two girls who walked by me said "Hell-ooo" as I was (supposedly) out of earshot and then one said something like "Oh, he works in the mall, y'know". But I must have either have been imagining it or otherwise it was not about me. Because the way it sounded, it seemed like a compliment. But I think it was in my head. I cannot accept that anyone would ever walk past me and say such a thing.

Secondly a fellow from Huntsville Alabama came into the shop today to pick up some Cuban cigars which are of course verboten in the States. I was reading the newspaper when he came in and we got talking a bit of politics regarding the endless Democratic primary and how tiresome it's becoming. Anyways, I think I'll be making a very exciting (in my mind) announcement which will shock absolutely no one in the next little while. All this and I continue with my stupid movie list. Stay tuned! Now to get back to drinking.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up!
now check out my depressing blog-http://shariahfinancewatch.wordpress.com
I deal with Shariah daily, and people who like to cut off heads.

April 25, 2008 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wesley Snipes DOES deserve to go to jail... I have had absolutely no sympathy for him ever since he refused to reprise his role as Willy Mays Hayes in Major League 2 and we got saddled with Omar Epps instead. In fact now that I think about it I hope he gets shanked.

(heart) Coop

April 25, 2008 4:55 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Amen to that Coop. I just hope this is the beginning of a serious crackdown of all celebrity offenders (except those that I like). But seriously, reading his pompous statement and the letters of reference from his famous pals (Woody Harrelson and Denzel Washington) really don't inspire much sympathy at all.

And anonymous fellow, I looked at your site, but it makes absolutely no sense. It's actually a bit of a mess and I wasn't really able to figure out exactly what 'Sharia finance' is.

April 25, 2008 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker