Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I wish I was charming, even in the slightest

So although I was really feeling like shit yesterday, today I attempted to feel better about myself. Slept in a little bit. Was a really nice day, quite sunny but not too hot. Lay out in the sun for a bit, worked some more on my tan. Actually got two 'smiles' from the lavalife website (which I'm now going to try again) and sent messages to both of them. Okay I've gotten more than two but I mean from even reasonably attractive women. Anyways perhaps I might actually have some luck on it, I haven't in the past. Worked today, it wasn't so bad. I read mostly.

Was going to do something with a good friend after work, but she stood me up. I hate being stood up. It's happened several times to me and it's never fun. It's something I've never done to anyone and never would, short of me being in some sort of terrible accident. I'd always at least call if something awful came up. Anyways she did just call now (two hours after the fact) but at least she was nice enough to call. Her granddad is in the hospital it seems, though nothing too serious it seems. Now I feel doubly bad because I was quite upset at being stood up, though now I feel guilty at being angry. Still a ten second call would have been nice. Does that make me selfish? It might, I don't know.

So many things I've got on my mind, but it's mostly political stuff so you've heard it all before or at least gotten the gist of it. The blog was more baseball and politics than depression for quite a while there, but I think that the pendulum is now swinging back the other way. We shall see about that, I guess it all depends upon my mood.

One final interesting thing that I did want to mention last week but forgot about. I had gone to work one night, I think it was last Monday. When I came back to my car to go home just after 9:00 PM, I noticed the item pictured below on the spoiler of my car. Someone had obviously placed it there, that's the only way it could have gotten there. But why? Was it randomly done? Did someone somehow know the car belonged to me? Perhaps it was just lying in the vicinity and someone assumed it belonged to the owner of the closest vehicle and placed it there? Anyways, I just don't know and likely never will. Still I thought it was interesting even if no one else will.

3 Comments:

Blogger cutekilla said...

Ooh, mysterious charm bracelet... Weird.

May 14, 2008 1:55 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

That is kind of weird.

Hey, congrats on finishing your last exam! That's exciting (well, I think it's exciting).
I think it was about a week after my last exam that I decided once and for all to go traveling in the fall. It's that "so.... now what?" feeling that made the decision for me. Oh, to go back again...

May 14, 2008 4:24 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Perhaps the bracelet will bring me the luck and guidance I so sorely need.

May 15, 2008 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker