Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I should probably try to forget that Expos game actually...

Some thoughts as I have three hours to kill in between classes and have amazingly finished each of the three assignments / essays I had due this week!

Lord Al Gore is such a fat fraud. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who thinks so. I really am confident that more and more people will begin to see this junk science for what it is and not go ape-shit that the world is totally fucked unless we all buy hybrid cars, recycle bodily waste, tend to organic gardens and most importantly vote Democrat (or other left leaning parties). For the record I use a blue box, avoid driving if public transit is feasible, don't let the water run, use those weird spirally light bulbs and use plain old common sense. But at the same time I'm not a psycho. As you can see I have nothing against being environmentally minded (provided you're not just a politically motivated, opportunist and alarmist) but what does it have to do with peace?

This is sort of a cool story and these are the kind of people you really root for and hope that they can turn things around for the better.

Unless it's the Yankees I don't really cheer against any baseball teams normally. I mean, I will take the occasional side in the playoffs, but seeing as my beloved Blue Jays are out of it (again) I usually just look forward to some good baseball. But after reading this story about the lousy D-Back fans, I'm glad they were swept by the Rockies. And this is a team I cheered for hard in 2001. But the people don't seem to even care enough during playoff time to fill the stadium? They don't deserve a team, let alone a winning one. Sort of like when I was at the last Expos game and they didn't even come close to filling up the Big-O. I was sad to see them move (and rather emotional) but if the people in Montreal didn't even care enough to fill the stadium that one time to see the team off, it's not hard to reason that they don't deserve a team at all.

So does this mean that Lindsay Lohan has now fallen into my price range? If only I had a regular beat on the white stuff, she'd be all mine! Okay no she wouldn't, but it's still nice to dream.

And good for this fellow, once again someone standing up against intolerance. South Park portrays Jesus as hosting a stupid local talk show and while I'm sure there are plenty of Christians who think it's blasphemous, I don't think that Trey Parker and Matt Stone really need to fear for their lives over it. If you read the article the same fellow portrayed Jesus as a pedophile in a cartoon! Yeah I think that's a bit much (and far worse than being drawn as a dog) but I'm not ready to go butcher the guy. And I'm pretty sure no one else was. I'm pretty sure that it was barely even news. I really don''t think I need to go on any further about how I stand on the subject.

That's it for now. Perhaps I'll hit up the liquor store. That might be fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger cutekilla said...

Gotta agree on the Gore thing, on the basis of leaky science alone. Actually, if you want to know about the REAL science, you should check out this website: www.greatglobalwarmingswindle.co.uk. There are tons of links to great papers summarizing the status of the science behind the hypothesis of human-influenced climate change.

However, if one takes the stance that dependence on oil as an energy source (and source of plastics, etc.) is a dangerous dependency not only in terms of foreign policy but also in that the entire global economy will collapse into anarchy when the oil runs out, a sound argument can be made that all his pushing of environmentalism makes a contribution to maintaining peace. And there actually is some sound science behind the theory that we've got about enough oil reserves to last us only until 2050 - researchers have actually multiplied the known oil shales by 30 times and we still come up short on supply on this timeframe. So, even if the alarmism about global warming is unwarranted, I think there is room for legitimate alarm with respect to our general overconsumption of natural resources, and I'm willing to give Gore a bit of a pass on that count.

October 18, 2007 3:07 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

No, I really can't disagree there. The faster we can wean ourselves off of fossil fuel, the better. I've always stood by that. Not only will it be good for the environment, it will be quite gratifying to stop depending on backwards, repressive and hateful regimes (i.e. Saudi Arabia) for fuel. At any rate, I'm sure we'll run out at some point, so it sure is a good idea to find alternate sources.

And to digress completely, I'm just curious if our friend in Sweden has any further insight into that cartoonist that I mentioned. I never thought to ask, but I wonder if she's heard any reaction regarding it.

October 21, 2007 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker