Thursday, September 20, 2007

Craigslist hilarity

Though I really do love the fact that I was able to sell my old car through Craigslist (coincidentally where I bought my new one as well) I do often times find it pretty funny. Sometimes it's a bitch replying to what looks like a legitimate inquiry on your item which you soon discover is just some scammer. Someone even left me a message ON MY PHONE from somewhere in Illinois. Yes, someone from Illinois would really want to buy my piece of shit 1988 Volvo. Hilarious. Here are a couple of actual emails that I received from "people" who were "interested" in buying my "item".

*************************************************************************

Hello Good Day

Thank for your message. I am very grateful to read from you..

I understand your message. The total amount for your {Merchandise} is $250.00+ $50.00 for removing the advert from , And my client is resposible for the payment that is why I ask for your information. A check of $150.00 will be issued out to you. Please as soon as you got the check and get it cashed, You were to deduct the whole amount of this transaction and send the rest balance to my shipper company. You don't have to worry about the shipment since they will handle everything as soon as the wire has been made to them via Western Union Money Transfer.Please kindly respond back and confirmed with this follows information.

Full Name:
Address:
City, State, Zipcode:
Cell Phone #:
Home Phone #:

So that payment can be made out to you first thing tomorrow morning.

Regards.
Shawn


*************************************************************************

Huh?

And then there was this one:

*************************************************************************

Hello,


I am interested in your advertised item and would need to know your last asking price for it.I would need you to furnish me with informations regarding the
present condition of the item and would like you to send me pictures.I would be making payment via Check/Money Order and would want to know if that is ok
with you.I want you to let me have your payment details such as your name,address and phone number so that I can have payment mailed out to you.

Get back to me so that we can conclude this sale on time.

Regards

Bryan meadows

*************************************************************************


Unreal. But not only did I manage to sell my vehicle without paying a single cent on a classified ad, I also got to wade through endlessly amusing letters such as these!

3 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Those are fantastic.
Sure, no problem. I'll send you the 'informations' and all of my personal details, down to my bank account number and what colour of socks I like to wear. Why not? You sound as though you are genuinely interested in the {merchandise} I have listed.

Sweet Mercy, I hope nobody is dumb enough to fall for that.

September 23, 2007 11:01 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Oh, and by the way, congrats on selling the car!

September 23, 2007 10:29 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thanks, though I do sort of miss the old thing.

September 24, 2007 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker