Friday, August 31, 2007

Wow, I hate you Dr. Neil Clark Warren

I really will try and post more often here. I'm sorry guys. I've been in sort of a lousy mood lately (what else is new?) and have been really tired all the time. But I'll try. Lots I want to talk about and I will try my damnedest to do so.

Anyways, just one more nail in the coffin that I thought I would share with all of you tonight.


eHarmony is based upon a complex matching system developed through extensive research with married couples. One of the requirements for successful matching is that participants fall within certain defined profiles. If we find that we will not be able to match a user using these profiles, we feel it is only fair to inform them early in the process.

We are so convinced of the importance of creating compatible matches to help people establish happy, lasting relationships that we sometimes choose not to provide service rather than risk an uncertain match.

Unfortunately, we are not able to make our profiles work for you. Our matching model could not accurately predict with whom you would be best matched. This occurs for about 20% of potential users, so 1 in 5 people simply will not benefit from our service. We hope that you understand, and we regret our inability to provide service for you at this time.



Ouch.

2 Comments:

Blogger cutekilla said...

Damn. Did they happen to mention what percentage of the people for whom the "complex matching system" can actually be used actually end up in successful lasting relationships with the people with whom they were matched? Because I'm betting that's somewhat lower than 1 in 5. The upshot being that these people are full of shit and you shouldn't lament the fact that you didn't fall within a "defined profile".

September 02, 2007 4:05 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Still, it was just one more vain hope that I had and now it's been dashed.

September 04, 2007 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker