Sunday, July 29, 2007

Why can't we all just get along?

Guess what? I do NOT think that Michael Vick is scum just because he happens to be a black person. I think he's scum because there's a very good chance that he did all these horrific things he's accused of, as is evident by the fact that there is more than sufficient evidence to indict him and the fact that one of his co-defendants is already copping a plea bargain. Just like I don't hate Barry Bonds because he's black. I hate him because he's a total douche bag and he's a stinking, unrepentant, cowardly cheater about to break a record held by a man who was not only a world class athlete but also a great person. And that person (Hank Aaron in case you didn't know) is also black! Oh my! And no, Michael Jackson isn't slime because he's black (or was). He's slime because he's a child molester. If you say otherwise, you are as deluded as he is or those freaks who show up in support of him. And O.J. wasn't just framed up by some racist cops. He brutally butchered his wife and her friend. Go ahead and try and tell me otherwise.

I am getting so God-damned sick of this black and white division, I'm going to have a damned aneurysm. I hate Pete Rose just as much as I do Barry Bonds, if not more. Why? Because instead of just admitting that he made a mistake and that he's sorry, he continued to plead his innocence. I hope that he never gets in the Hall of Fame, I don't care what his stats are. Sure lots of people are assholes, but this Rose is just too much of one. Remember faded 70s Glam Rocker Gary Glitter? And how he claimed to 'just be teaching some Vietnamese girls English'? Did I give him the 'benefit of the doubt' there. Hell no. He's a freaking pervert, there are no two ways about it. Ditto Roman Polanski. Sure I sympathize with the guy. He was in a concentration camp and his wife was killed by Charles Manson. But he also had sex with a 13 year old girl and then fled the country. He would've done a couple years in the joint at most and that's it. Again the "I made a mistake" thing and he would have been forgiven. But just like Pete Rose, he never admitted his mistake. I hope that they never allow him back on U.S. soil unless he goes to prison. And Phil Spector....well, I think I've gone on enough.

Perhaps I have no real point with any of this. I just dislike the notion that whites are willing to give other whites the 'benefit of the doubt' as are blacks with other blacks. Why must people continue to see things like this in the 21st Century? If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...well, you know. Michael Vick, Barry Bonds, Jacko, O.J., Charlie Hustle, Gary Glitter, Roman Polanski, Phil Spector are should all be derided by people everywhere. Why oh why must are people divided over their support or hatred of said individuals based on colour?

Okay, there's my little plea for togetherness. Now I can continue to be miserable. I'll try and go back to that tomorrow or the next day. For now I'm too drunk. See, I don't only go off on crazy rants when I've had too much to drink! Sometimes I can be hopeful and all that crap. Maybe I am, I don't know anymore. This beer tastes somewhat skunky. Reminder to self to stay away from anything from Eastern Europe in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker