Saturday, July 21, 2007

I don't think I own a plain white T, now that I think of it

I was going to update this yesterday, but for whatever reason I really wasn't feeling well at all. I have the weekend off and had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Afterwards I was considering going to a few car dealerships, but the prospect of doing so scared the hell out of me, so instead I came home, sat around for a bit, had some Scotch and a cigar, then took a nap. I woke up a couple hours later, ordered a pizza, then slept some more before finally calling it a night. Sadly, this is pretty typical of my days off. At least I woke up feeling better today.

I still have an extra Police ticket for tomorrow night's show. I don't think I'm going to get rid of it. Right now I will take any offer that comes my way for it, including any interesting trades or whatever. Pretty sad if I can't sell it. Maybe I can at least get a few bucks from a scalper tomorrow for it. There's actually not a bad thought...even if I get half for it, I can recover some of the cost.

Two more things that I hate. I hate people who don't signal. I really do. Not only is it dangerous, it's also inconsiderate. People who don't signal are more than likely the same ones who never say please and thank you, who never hold doors open, who have no manners in general. Assholes. I also hate Quest. It's this stupid chat line thing that I always see advertised. Some impossibly hot girl saying how she's tired of the bar scene and that all the 'hottest singles' are home using Quest right now. Fuck right off. I'm not exactly sure as to what this "Quest" thing even does, but I do know that there are NO girls who look like the ones in the ad using the service.

I do like this song which is now number one on the Billboard Hot 100. I usually don't care much for the kind of stuff which occupies the upper reaches of the charts these days (i.e. Timbaland, Maroon 5 and pretty much any song 'featuring' someone) but I do like this one. It's easily the best song to top the charts this year and the best since Shakira did so a year ago. Yes, I'm aware that 'Hips Don't Lie' featured Wyclef. He's pretty cool though. At any rate if you haven't heard it, you can catch 'Hey There Delilah' over on the Plain White T's Myspace.

I was going to try and make some sort of song list (like my TV one or my Christmas one) seeing as I have a couple days off, but I've yet to decide on what. Maybe something like Best Movie Songs or Best Love Songs or maybe go even more ambitious and try some sort of big list, like I did with the 80s one a while back. But it will have to wait. This post has gone on long enough and I feel like trying out that Collins mix I bought yesterday.

2 Comments:

Blogger cutekilla said...

1) I know it's too late know, but FFR, Craiglist is the best way to unload tickets. Actually, you can usually MAKE money that way, especially when selling at the last minute.

2)I also HATE people who don't signal. I can't wait until I have a remote controlled beater of a car that I can use to strategically smash into people who don't signal. And also people who bob and weave on the highway.

3)I also hate Quest, but for different reasons. If you ask Monica, Dimitre or Meika, they'd say the same, because we all used to work in the Quest call centre before it was outsourced to India. We can also probably tell you EXACTLY who is using Quest - trust me, its nobody you want to meet. A lot of "bo-legged, caramel complected" girls with "fire in their box"...

4) You should give a listen to Elliott Smith, if you like the Plain White T's sound. His music has the same acoustic vibe, and his lyrics are even MORE depressing. Anyhow, it's my favourite moping around music, and since I know you do your fair share of that, you might also like it. And if that's not good enough for ya, he committed suicide by STABBING HIMSELF! Check out www.myspace.com/elliottsmithnewmoon (That's his new posthumous album, but I'd also recommend his earlier albums, like Either/Or and Roman Candle).

July 24, 2007 12:05 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

You worked for Quest? Wow. Perhaps you can answer my question of "what exactly IS Quest"? I've never quite understood.

And I don't actually like The Plain White T's, I just like that song.

July 25, 2007 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker