Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Today was even hotter...I might be in hell.

I'm very tired (as always) but I figure I might as well post a couple of things since I'm around and don't work until later tomorrow. And yes, I have been drinking and I have had a nap today.

This is a pretty sad story. I haven't really watched the wrestling for a few years, but Chris Benoit was always one of my favorites going back to his WCW days. When I first heard that he had passed away, I assumed that it was yet another drug related incident which happens all too often in the world of professional wrestling. I now wish that had been the case. I think of hanging myself all the time, but to strangle your wife and smother your SEVEN YEAR OLD son? Needless to say he's not one of my faves anymore.

A stupid story, yes. I support free speech but can see Christians being offended at the same time. Yet I suspect that if he had used 'Muhammad' instead of 'Jesus' scores of people would have threatened to blow him up and several countries would have placed death sentences against him.

Oh and the guy I called an asshole in a previous post? I take it back. He's bush-league when compared to this dipshit. This Roy Pearson is pretty much everything that's wrong with society. Period.

I know I said I'd consider exercising and cutting back on the pills and alcohol, but it's been a rough day. So perhaps tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger cutekilla said...

Yeah, that whole Chris Benoit thing is way fucked up. He always seemed to be one of the more docile, nice ones to me, having been watching for a few years now (my boy is a big wrestling fan from way back). When I heard they were all found dead at home, I never thought he was the one who did it. I imagined a robbery gone wrong scenario or even carbon monoxide poisoning, but absolutely not this. Seems like the guy just snapped... Very sad.

June 27, 2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

I read that he had been pumping human-growth hormone into his 7-year-old son becuase he thought that he was undersized, and that he and his wife had a long history of domestic violence.

The story just gets crazier and crazier...

June 27, 2007 5:34 PM  
Blogger cutekilla said...

Yeah, that's what I heard too. Apparently they found steroids in his house, but everything was prescribed.

The word is that his wife has some safety deposit box with all whole whack of evidence of his domestic abuse, and told her friends to go into it if she ever turned up dead.

This is classic murder-suicide pathology. I think he was probably incredibly depressed and out of control, to the point where something in him snapped and he actually rationally believed he would be doing his family a favour by killing them all so they could be reunited in the afterlife... Well, I'm sure someone else saw the same episode of Oprah that I did.

June 28, 2007 1:56 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Weirder still...check out this link:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/28/wrestler.ap/index.html

Like Monica said, this case is getting crazier and crazier.

I also love how the WWE (Vince McMahon specifically) very quickly dismissed any possibility of steroids being a factor, stating in no uncertain terms that they "were not and could not be related to the cause of death" and that this was a case of "deliberation, not rage". Now he's saying, well let's wait for the toxicology reports to come back.

Also I just went to the WWE's website and guess what there is absolutely no mention made of?

June 28, 2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger cutekilla said...

Yeah, I think they should have worded that press release better - to say that there is no evidence as of yet to support any link with steroid use, so that it wouldn't be the focus of media speculation. The real point is that even if it was steroid-related, WWE doesn't condone drug use and will kick out anyone caught with illicit substances (Hello - suspension for RVD), so its the own person's fault if they have complications. Truth is, depression is also a side-effect of the roids, and I think it's more likely that that was a factor versus your stereotypical "roid-rage".

June 29, 2007 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker