Sunday, June 10, 2007

The money I'm now making is all being spent on beer.

Man, I'm surprised that this post is still going...this is usually why I try not to do more than one post a day (or every other day). I have trouble keeping track of them all...I don't know how most folks do it.

There really is nothing new to report in my life. I wake up, go to work, come home, drink, go to bed. That's about it. While driving home from work yesterday (and stopping off at the liquor store) there was some dude in a Ford pickup behind me. He was about my age. I just happened to notice in my rear view mirror. Had some girl next to him, his lady friend I'm sure. Lovely girl. They were behind me for quite a while, almost all the way home...and it just made me real sad. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate any further.

I'm quite disappointed that Sean Connery will not be in Indiana Jones IV. I've been rather lukewarm about the whole thing and now I think I'm soured....Denholm Elliot is dead, so no Marcus Brody and now no Henry Jones. Even though I thought The Last Crusade was the weakest of the three, I thought the ending was solid and it wrapped things up very well. I'm really feeling they're going to well once too often and it should just be left as is.

Thank God Paris is going back to the slammer...if they'd let her out it would have been a travesty and a huge miscarriage of justice. No, I am not kidding. I'd probably take her jail cell over where I am now. I'd probably get a decent night's sleep.

Sadly I think I'm going to have to tape Federer and Nadal tomorrow...I do have the day off but don't think I'm going to make the 9:00 AM match time. So I'll just wake up, watch the tape while ignoring all media. Awesome to see these two at it again. What a great rivalry. I really do hope Roger comes out on top though, at least this once. Not only is he probably the greatest of all time, he's also a class act. After his win over Davydenko in the semis he's good enough to compliment opponent. Something certain other people seem unwilling to do.

So that's about it. This is my sad Saturday night. Just like every other. Sitting at home, drinking beer, eating leftover pizza from the little place across the street (which is excellent by the way), getting acquainted with Firefox (which I think I like better than IE and no I'm not anti-Microsoft) and checking out the erotic services on Craigslist, just for fun. Desperate as I am, I'm probably never going to use any. But this one seemed pretty appropriate to my predicament, so perhaps I should take it as a sign and reconsider. This is why your lives are better than mine.

7 Comments:

Blogger cutekilla said...

Yeah, I don't know how this fourth Indy is going to work out. Although I do still find Harrison immensely sexy, I can't see what's left to be done with the series. And how sick am I already of Shia LaBoeuf? Transformers looks like a massive pile of crap to me. Shocking, as I so loved all of Michael Bay's previous films... (Please say you detected the note of sarcasm.)

Firefox represent!

June 10, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I truly do encourage all my good readers to at least try Firefox out. I really do think it's quite a bit better than Internet Explorer and this is coming from someone who has always liked Microsoft's products. It will take just a couple of minutes to download and take up very little space, so why not just give it a go?

And Harrison Ford is OLD. Sorry A-Mac, but he's past his expiry date.

June 13, 2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I have to agree with Andrea - he's a silver fox. He was hot when I was younger and he was younger, so why can't he still be hot now that we're both older?
Silver. Fox.

June 14, 2007 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cause his balls hang to his knees. ford is OLD! and played out. he basically gave up acting calista flockheart sucked the life from him.
-drock

June 15, 2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I was going to pretty much say the same thing, but no way could I have said it any better than that.

June 15, 2007 10:52 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I hope when you guys get old, people say similar things about you, too. Aging is normal - it happens to everyone. Does that mean that everyone over a certain age is, by definition, unattractive? I argue no. I think that, no matter what age, people can be attractive. Harrison Ford is, was, and always will be an attractive man.

June 16, 2007 8:16 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

People probably say or think similar things about me as is. And I stand by my statements. He's over the hill.

June 18, 2007 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker