Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Amazing I made it to 200 posts...though it was a close call

It may not seem like a large number, but for someone whose posts are none too frequent and usually of substantial length, I think it's a pretty good number. Many of them are really essay sized. Now if only I could actually write real essay for real class with such ease...but I digress.

I just want to thank everyone who does read this on a regular or semi-regular basis. Your feedback is always much appreciated, as is just the knowledge that people check. And yes, I do have a hit counter dealie that I check every now and then, so I can keep decent track of the silent readers. So again, thank you.

I wish I could make this post something special, but in my present frame of mind, I'm going to have to say that it's just not possible. As I indicated in my last post, I was in the hospital the other day after some rough business. I don't really know if I'm ready to go into it in detail, but if you read this blog at all (or even its title) I'm sure you can put two and two together. I had a very bad night on Saturday night and when I came home, I did some things I should have and didn't even leave bed for the next 36 hours straight. Either I didn't want to or was incapable of doing so. I'm not sure. But I'm still alive and well....I don't know what else to say. Whether this has taught me anything or where I'm going from here...I understand this is all pretty vague, but please bare with me. As a side note, I just feel the need to say that there are two exemplary gentlemen who I know read this daily and with whom I had the pleasure of spending this past Saturday. I need to clarify that the reason I had such a shitty night was in no part their fault, none whatsoever. It was just a whole bunch of other things. A whole bunch of them...

Anyways, I'm going to try my very best and not leave this thing like I did a few months ago...I feel that would be a disservice to my kind readers. My updates might be sporadic and not always of the best quality, but I'll try my very best. This is a pretty dark time, I won't lie to y'all, but I do appreciate having this as an outlet and I certainly appreciate the many non-judgemental (I hope) people caring enough to give this thing a read every now and then. Take care folks.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's gay. Sorry, G-H-E-Y. "I have a counter for all you silent readers." Who honestly gives a shit about how many people read your pathetic excuse for a life? Tag, you're it.

May 09, 2007 10:22 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Er, I never said that I have a counter for just my silent readers. I use it as a curiosity, to see how many people read. You paraphrased me and did so inaccurately. When doing so, don't use the quotation marks. Just a tip for you there Hemingway.

And I care. Didn't I just say it makes me feel sort of nice? Whoops, you must have missed that as well! Striking out on the three Rs, eh?

And yes, I do admit that my life is pretty sad, yet you seem to have time enough to read and leave anonymous comments. A pretty funny way of showing that you don't give a shit! Idiot.

May 09, 2007 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a complete and utter loser, I don't think you really quite grasp it. Grow a life.

May 10, 2007 12:01 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

And yet you still keep reading and commenting on my "pathetic excuse for a life". Doesn't seem like you have anything better to do either. Pretty sad if you ask me.

May 10, 2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger K. said...

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time. Try to find things to look forward to, if only small things...come on, don't you want to see Roger Clemens come back and get shelled in Detroit the last weekend of August??! I know I do!! ;-)

Ignore the asshole commentary, its not even worth your time responding to.

May 10, 2007 4:22 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thanks Katie, I am trying. Sadly my beloved Blue Jays are DONE and I'm also pretty upset about that. The team looked so good on paper and there's realistically no way they're going anywhere but the cellar this year...Seriously, we'll be very lucky to place higher than Baltimore and Tampa. And B.J. Ryan...ouch.

But I will certainly cheer your Tigers on against that asshole Clemens (Lord knows the Jays couldn't beat a t-ball team right now). I really can't stand him, he's such a fucking prima donna. Love that ego stroking announcement of his. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse with him, it does.

And yes, you're right. There really is no need to respond to someone so mean-spirited and childish.

May 11, 2007 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker