Monday, April 16, 2007

Appropriate to this post, I'm currently drinking Japanese beer!

I know I'm supposed to write all about my thoughts on the end of school, how I'm doing, my job search and other things relevant to my life. But I'm just not feeling like it. This past weekend was a total write-off and I have a feeling this week will be as well. Sleeping like 14 hours a day and when I am up all I do is eat junk food, watch crap on TV (or baseball), drinking beer and doing useless internet surfing. If I could only get paid for this, I'd be set. But of course that isn't the case and reality is going to hit pretty damned soon...

So for now two things:

1. I may have written about this on the old blog but I know I haven't here. At any rate for those of you who I haven't told about it, visit this site right away! It's where you can find a great collection of all the Japanese commercials done by western stars in order to make a quick buck. Especially funny are the Nicholas Cage Pachinko ads. Not only are they truly bizarre, but I love the fact that it doesn't seem like he's phoning in his performance at all. Cage is totally giving 100% here, easily better than his work in crap like 8MM or Snake Eyes. Ugh.

2. This has NOT been a good day for Blue Jay fans such as myself. Yesterday Reed Johnson and B.J. Ryan go on the disabled list. Today Troy Glaus goes on as well. Reed is lost until at least July, Ryan for 4-6 weeks and Glaus for hopefully only a couple. If there's any good news in this, it's that Ryan won't need Tommy John surgery as many feared. But being without our leadoff hitter, our closer and big power bat....well, it's making me worry just a wee bit. Please come back soon guys!

Oh and it's still fucking freezing outside. I went to take Bobo for a walk earlier and the wind was so cold and fierce that it nearly blew him over. It's the middle of April and I'm hankering for a cigar here. What gives? This Partagas Series P No. 2 is looking pretty damned good, but I ain't gonna go out in no 3 degrees weather to smoke it. The old me might've but I suppose I'm not as hardcore as I once was.

Okay update tomorrow kids, I swear.

2 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

they beat Dice-K tonight....that's pretty sweet.

April 17, 2007 11:43 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

It was a great game and I really wanted to go ($2 seats!) but couldn't find anyone to go with :(

April 18, 2007 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker