Sunday, December 18, 2005

I have too much free time

So I'm backing up files on my computer the other day (after the scare of losing everything) and I come across an old list of songs. It seems a while back I was working on the ultimate list of the top 100 songs of the 80's in response to a list someone (either The Colonel or TMWNN) had emailed around. I guess I felt like I could compile a better list, but I never finished it. Until now. Having very little to do these days, I've finally finished my list of the 100 greatest songs of the 1980's. Only songs released between 1980 and 1989 are included, of course. I've tried to be as inclusive as possible, but all artists are not equal. Some have more than one track (in one case, five) on the list. I've tinkered around with the rankings as best as I could, so it's pretty in order. Of course this list is totally subjective to my musical tastes (mostly pop/rock) and is certainly open for debate and discussion. Some songs I've omitted out of personal preference, others I may have totally forgotten about. You can see the list by clicking here. Enjoy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beauty Marks said...

There's soem really good music on that list! I've thought about creating my own little Top 100's list of random music that I like, but for one I think it'd be difficult to rank each one in order and two, I think after I'd finalize it, I'd go "Oh, I like that song too!" Maybe I'll start my list! Oh, would you be able to show me how to link sites? Like you've done with your Top 100's list? Please and thank you!

December 19, 2005 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list. I enjoyed and laughed along with each of your comments. Oh and I always assumed "I smell like I sound" meant that he was completely silent, stealthy and smell-less. (He makes no sound, and he smells like he sounds, so he also makes no smells.) Therefore he was invisible could "stalk his prey" just like a wolf. That doesn't make much sense though, because aren't wolves stinky? I dunno. Dogs are usually stinky, especially those who are out in the woods for extended periods of time. I have smelled some pretty stinky dogs but have never been near a wolf. I almost ran over a coyote near my subdivision the other day though. But I was going too fast to catch a whiff of him. Anyways, I enjoyed the list - thanks.

December 20, 2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

me likey. Definitely a good list to work from - it includes many that I had forgotten that I like. I should go download - I mean buy some of those.

December 20, 2005 11:04 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

The linking sites thing is pretty easy. On blogger, there's a little link button you use. I linked to some webspace I have. I know very little about html, but all I did was create some simple web pages on Microsoft Word, which also have easy link buttons. I'm sure someone can help you better than I.

December 21, 2005 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker