Sunday, December 04, 2005

I lack focus

Tomorrow I have two tests and a paper due. The paper is maybe 1/5th of the way done and I've studied a little bit for one of the tests and not at all for the other. In fact, the other I have no idea as to what I'm doing. I'm totally lost in the course. Things are really not going well. On the upside, if I survive until Thursday, that's the end of classes for a full month. But then we have the Christmas season. I hate Christmas for so many reasons. I don't have to time to outline them all right now, but I might in the near future. It's an especially depressing time of year for me. I think the winter truly does depress me in general. I'm definitely a summer person, even though I hate the sun and the heat. Summer may make me uncomfortable, but certainly that's a whole lot better than borderline suicidal. Only four more months of this misery....

On a brighter note, I discovered this hilarious recording during one of my many random Wikipedia searches. Orson Welles is without a doubt, one of the most extraordinarily talented individuals ever to come out of Hollywood and yet, towards the end of his life he had resorted to doing garbage like Transformers: The Movie and a whole spate of commercials. Hollywood never appreciated him, he was way ahead of his time and truly, too good for them. But I digress. One of the many ads he did was for a brand of frozen peas. An audio clip of out-takes, featuring Welles' disgust at the quality of the ad, somehow still exists today. It's pretty funny and sort of sad at the same time to hear the man I consider the greatest singular talent to ever emerge from Hollywood reduced to doing this kind of stuff. I don't know how funny people will find it, but I think it's certainly worth a listen. I've uploaded it and posted a link to it here. Just in case you don't know, right click and 'save target as'.

This is sad. I could have spent this time writing or studying, but I've written this. It seems I'm able to do anything except for the task I'm supposed to do. I really have a problem concentrating. It ain't even funny anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beauty Marks said...

I agree with your last statement. I con't concentrate on the task at hand if my life depended on it. Forget it! I'll get so easily distracted, even by a shiny object on the other side of the room, it's pathetic. Hours later, I'll complete something that would've originally taken me 20 minutes.

December 07, 2005 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker