Sunday, December 04, 2005

I lack focus

Tomorrow I have two tests and a paper due. The paper is maybe 1/5th of the way done and I've studied a little bit for one of the tests and not at all for the other. In fact, the other I have no idea as to what I'm doing. I'm totally lost in the course. Things are really not going well. On the upside, if I survive until Thursday, that's the end of classes for a full month. But then we have the Christmas season. I hate Christmas for so many reasons. I don't have to time to outline them all right now, but I might in the near future. It's an especially depressing time of year for me. I think the winter truly does depress me in general. I'm definitely a summer person, even though I hate the sun and the heat. Summer may make me uncomfortable, but certainly that's a whole lot better than borderline suicidal. Only four more months of this misery....

On a brighter note, I discovered this hilarious recording during one of my many random Wikipedia searches. Orson Welles is without a doubt, one of the most extraordinarily talented individuals ever to come out of Hollywood and yet, towards the end of his life he had resorted to doing garbage like Transformers: The Movie and a whole spate of commercials. Hollywood never appreciated him, he was way ahead of his time and truly, too good for them. But I digress. One of the many ads he did was for a brand of frozen peas. An audio clip of out-takes, featuring Welles' disgust at the quality of the ad, somehow still exists today. It's pretty funny and sort of sad at the same time to hear the man I consider the greatest singular talent to ever emerge from Hollywood reduced to doing this kind of stuff. I don't know how funny people will find it, but I think it's certainly worth a listen. I've uploaded it and posted a link to it here. Just in case you don't know, right click and 'save target as'.

This is sad. I could have spent this time writing or studying, but I've written this. It seems I'm able to do anything except for the task I'm supposed to do. I really have a problem concentrating. It ain't even funny anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger d rock said...

cry cry cry, welcome to university. no one studies, just get your shit together and hand it in on time, and remember there is always the doctors note, it will save you

December 05, 2005 8:17 AM  
Blogger Punk Angel said...

I agree with your last statement. I con't concentrate on the task at hand if my life depended on it. Forget it! I'll get so easily distracted, even by a shiny object on the other side of the room, it's pathetic. Hours later, I'll complete something that would've originally taken me 20 minutes.

December 07, 2005 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker