Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Emperor Norton

Dear Wikipedia,

Please make your site a pay site, so I won't waste so much of my time on it. It's causing me to fail school and lose lots of sleep. Thanks.

Yours Truly,

-King Hippo


Seriously, I need help. Instead of doing homework, I spend hours just looking random shit up on Wikipedia for hours on end. Instead of doing my film assignment, I think I spent the between 2 and 4 in the morning last night looking up random shit about old pro-wrestlers, recent Canadian and American elections and various cigarette brands. My mind wanders so much, it's not even funny. I can concentrate on anything but the thing I need to do. I have another essay I should be doing right now. And yet, here I am.



















Anyhow, I love those Uncle John's Bathroom Reader books (chalk full of great trivia and such) and came across one of my all-time favourite articles again today. I decided to Wikipedia it and their article is is even more thorough than the bathroom book, so go nuts folks. I smiled when I read it. Make sure to read all about Joshua A. Norton, the first and only, Emperor of the United States.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

I would like to proclaim myself the Empress of something just to see if anyone would oppose me.

November 18, 2005 5:40 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I hereby proclaim Daphne "Empress of Being Hot". To this there can be no opposition, no debate. So it is written, so it shall be done.

November 18, 2005 9:58 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Amen King Hippo. I like the cut of your jib, sir.

November 19, 2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger LU said...

i too have been known to waste countless hours on the likes of Wikipedia. another of my favourite "time sucking" sites is imdb.com... we are talking complete days of my life that i will never get back.

oh internet, why must you torment me with your endless useless information?

November 22, 2005 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker