Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Nothing Man

As in, I have nothing worthwhile to post. I changed the blog template. I like it better now. It's nice and blue. I like blue. It's pretty and sad at the same time.

Also, I think I'm in a relationship. I hate it. I am totally not into her, yet I'm too gutless to end it, plus the fact that I don't see any other prospects on the horizon. The sex, I think I could do without for a while. But I want someone to be with....just not her, dammit. Why do the ones I like never like me? And where do I find them? This internet dating is getting awfully taxing...maybe I just need more sleep. Okay, this post is done. I'm lazy today.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beer said...

Dude, you have to break up with her. Be a man and do the right thing.

November 07, 2005 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty and sad at the same time...hmmmm...just like you, right hippo?

November 07, 2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I know Beer, I know...I just haven't been in a relationship in ages, so it'll just take me some time to muster the balls to do it.

I don't know if I'm pretty and sad. I like to think so...but were you being sincere or sarcastic?

November 07, 2005 11:36 PM  
Blogger Beer said...

I know man, these things are never easy. It's easy to know what the right thing to do is, harder to actually do it, I guess.

November 08, 2005 12:09 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

"I just don't think I'm in a 'relationship place'right now. I think I need to concentrate on (insert made-up reason here - examples include: school, work, me, travel plans)" has always worked for me.

Good luck with that.

November 08, 2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thanks Daphne. It sounds like as good a line as any. Leading the conversation there will be the hard part.

November 08, 2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger the Colonel said...

just do it like a bandaid. one quick motion - right off! Set a time goal for yourself. The last girl I broke up with I wanted to get it done in half an hour or less, which would leave me plenty of time to get home, order pizza and watch the O.C. suffice it to say, it was the best tasting pizza of my life, and as I fist-pumped along to the O.C. theme song, I realized just how glad I was that I ended it.

November 15, 2005 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker