Sunday, September 25, 2005

Less Than Zero

That's what I feel like today. I mean really. Wow. Yesterday was NOT a good day. By all accounts it should have been. Heavy-D's birthday dinner was yesterday. Went to 'East' on Queen St. Good food, but the service was hella slow. Afterwards, we went over to 'Habbitat' (which was quite full), before settling on 'Irie'. Quite an impressive turnout, plus I had A LOT to drink made for a fun night. It made me forget just how awful my day was, up 'till then.

Remember the girl who lives far away and I was hoping to see her? Well, we made plans for me to drive down this upcoming Friday. Man, was I excited. I booked a hotel, got time off work. Even though I've never met her...I think I was really starting to like her, I felt she was someone who really liked me, someone who actually might want to be with me. She made me feel nice. Then yesterday, I get this email:

Hey Mike...there's something I've been avoiding telling you for awhile and I think the time has come for me to let you in on my little secret. I don't know how to tell you this so I'm just going to come straight out and say it. I'm not 19. I'm 16. I put I was 19 so that I could post my picture on the hot or not site and it just continued from there. I don't know what to say other than I'm really sorry. I can understand this is probably making you question my integrity as well as everything I've ever said to you and I can also understand if you don't wish to talk to me anymore. I'll leave you alone....please don't call me or whatever else, let me come to you. Bye.

Wow. She deleted me from her MSN as well. I just feel so stupid for believing for a minute that maybe there's someone out there for me, maybe this is my chance at happiness. But as usual, just when I start thinking happy thoughts, just when I start thinking positive, everything blows up in my face. I know this is just one incedent and I know this person obviously has issues, but that's beside the point. The point is, why does nothing EVER work out for me? Also, how am I supposed to trust women, if all they ever do is lie to me and hurt me? I'm just so sad and frustrated right now...I mean, I'm a nice guy who first of all, deserves a chance with someone nice and secondly, deserves to be treated well. That's how I treat other people, why do I not get it in return? I'm sure I've raised all this before, so I'm not going to go nuts here...I'm just so frustrated as usual. This, plus I cracked my rear-view mirror in a parking garage yesterday. I'm so fucking stupid.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amberly said...

Damn her!! That really sucks!

September 26, 2005 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Man, I've been reading for a while, but haven't commented yet.

Sorry that didn't work out with the girl. That does suck.

But, I'm sorry, is it really a surprise that she's only 16? I mean, she looks young! I'd say she looks maybe even younger than that! She looks classic teen-angst with her goth makeup and hair.

Nobody worthwhile over the age of 18 is still in her goth stage.

That said, I'm sure somebody cute, fun, and more your age will come along for you. It'll happen, it just may take a bit of time.

September 26, 2005 5:03 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

So sorry King Hippo :(

September 27, 2005 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker