Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Yes, another long one...they're all long!

Oh my poor, neglected blog...I really don't update nearly as much as I want to or should...I just get so very lazy. Then what seems to happen is that when I do post something, it's a million words long...this will likely be no exception.

So let's see...what's happened since I last left you...went on the pseudo-blind date set up by our good friend Daphne. It wasn't exactly a sparkling moment in my dating life. Yes I'm shallow, but I really didn't find her that attractive at all. Physical attraction does matter to me, as it does to most people. I'm just very free to admit it. I knew that the evening was lost from the minute I saw her, but I soldiered on. Dinner was good, as was the wine, so at least that was a plus. I really have to stop spending so much money on first dates though, especially with people I've never met. I should've just met for drinks or coffee, but dinner was my idea...oh well. Went back to her place (I regret going up) and played Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble. I won both! Anyways, the whole night was a bust. I didn't really even find her interesting enough to keep as a friend. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

As to the issue of her....fuck it. Last night I was tempted to just write an angry letter, let her know how I feel and that I don't appreciate being treated so poorly by someone who I was nothing but nice to, but it's not even worth the effort. Before, the whole situation made me rather sad, but now there's just a sense of anger. It feels a lot better, truth be told. I really have been stupid for dwelling upon it for so long. But I truly think I'm finally snapping out of it. If she wants to reject someone who would have been a true friend, that's really her loss.

So where do we stand now? Well, I don't know. Just started up classes on Monday. It's already proved to be exhausting. I know I have to start focusing on school work, but all my thoughts are dominated with other issues...you all know what they are. School might be a good way to get some things happening. That would involve me talking to strange women without the aid of alcohol, so I'm not sure how well this would work. I have to just try it I guess. There really are so many beautiful women at U of T, all over the place. I just have to try talking to some of them. That's one front. Wish me luck there.

And then we have the internet...I know that it can work. It's something that I devote a lot of my time to (internet dating) and yet I've had limited success. I just started The Complete Idiot's Guide to Dating the other day and there is a chapter devoted to internet dating. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I mean I've been on a few internet dates and I personally know several people for whom it's worked very well. Maybe I'm spreading myself too thin, talking to too many women. I should pick a few who seem genuinely interested in chatting with me and focus all the attention there. There are a few, but they all seem to live at least an hour away (that or they have boyfriends). The one I chat with most frequently lives three and a half hours away. I have a few 'maybes' I'm working on, but she's always been at the top of my list. I think I've probably talked to her over MSN twice as much as I have with anyone else. I actually did tell her how I feel about her.....and she feels the same way. There's just this profound sadness over the fact that we live so far away from each other. I told her I would definitely be willing to drive there. I'd be more than happy to really. She told me she doesn't know about that yet, she has to think about it. Something about the potential of ruining our MSN friendship. If it were anyone else, I'd think that it were just a line, but I believe her. I just hope I get the answer I want. I am her 'poodle' after all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, regardless of you not finding this girl attractive and the fact that you guys played trivial pursuit on a blind date, at least it got you out of the house for an evening and maybe, just maybe, you stopped complaining for a milisecond. But I dout it.

September 15, 2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Ok. Two things about that picture.
1. Poodle? really?? I don't think I could be called Poodle.
2. Why does she look so unhappy in that picture? Is she calling you Poodle unwillingly?

Hopefully you two will get to meet up sometime. As Del Fuego said before, his girlfriend lives in Chicago, and they're happy as clams.

September 15, 2005 4:01 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

1. To anonymous poster: Whenever people complain about me, well, complaining, I usually take it to heart and tend to apologize for my crummy attitude. But if you bothered to read the post closely, I really wasn't complaining. It was a shitty date. Like I said "Oh well. you win some, you lose some." That doesn't sound like complaining to me. I wasn't pleased with the date, but I didn't let it get to me. In fact, the post on a whole was a hell of a lot more positive than 99% of my other ones. I've never, ever yelled at a poster before, but you can go fuck yourself. Sorry if that was harsh.

2. Daphne: Yes, she calls me Poodle and does so willingly. She just started calling me that. I rather like it. She looks like that in most of her pictures (i.e. facial expression). I think she's rather beautiful, even moreso after talking to her so much. I actually spoke to her on the phone today...hopefully we will meet up. Fingers crossed!

September 15, 2005 9:53 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Fingers crossed over here too :)

September 15, 2005 10:16 PM  
Blogger Amberly said...

Wow, that anonymous poster was really mean.

September 16, 2005 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker