Friday, August 19, 2005

My blog, my own personal therapist.

The really hot Russian Girl came in again the other night. Wow, she's unbelievably sexy. I mean....wow. We talked again, had a pleasant conversation about careers, school, exercising and vacations. We always seem to have something to talk about, it's really never seemed like forced small talk, at least not to me. I don't know what to do here, I really don't. She seems like a very cool person (not to mention the uber-hotness), but our relationship really isn't much more than customer-tobacco merchant. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even remember my name. How do I move beyond that? I sort of asked her out before, a few months ago and was politely dismissed. Should I try again? What do I say, how do I say it? Man, I'm really not much good at this. Where do I steer the conversation in order to lead up to "Hey, we should go grab a coffee sometime"?

Went out with Starbucks Girl (she doesn't work there anymore, but still) after work in Wednesday. She's the same one who lasted a week at my store (she just stopped showing up). I don't blame her....it's a pretty shitty job. I was on MSN the other night, we were chatting, she suggested that we hang out, grab a drink if I'm ever bored. I said: "How 'bout you call me tomorrow after work?". She actually did. We went for a few drinks, then back to my place.....to take Bobo out. Took a walk through the park, played catch (it's not so easy in the dark), then back to the porch for some wine and a smoke. I was driving her home at around 1:00 AM, when on a whim, we decided to hit up 'the nudes', as she calls it. Not the greatest caliber of ladies on a Wednesday night, but still a fun time. S.G. actually persuaded me to get up on stage (something I've never done) in order to 'tip' the one hot dancer. I never would have gone and done it if left up to my own designs...I really am too much of a coward. I really do need more people to push me like that. After finally dropping her off home at around 2:30, we had one last drink (a ginger ale for me, I was driving after all) and we parted after a couple of hearty hugs and her insistence that I call her sometime, whenever I feel like doing something. Despite this, I'll still have trouble calling, being the coward I am. I'll have to force myself to do it I suppose. I know she’s not interested in that way, but it is always nice to have more friends.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus! That sounds like a damn good date. She Sugested the strippers? Yikes. She sounds a little freak-a-leekey. Call her up! Did she chicken out when calling you? No! So call her up! And next time, kiss her at the end of the night.

August 20, 2005 4:30 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Again, it wasn't a 'date'. One, I'm pretty sure she doesn't see me as anything more than a friend and two, she's seeing someone. So...yeah.

August 20, 2005 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as a guy who is terrible at reading the signs, at night at the rippers tends to make me think more of a friend vibe.

However, insistence of calling is always nice. Use the "friend" angle to move in the right direction. The more time you spend together, the more chance that feelings will develop.

This one sounds like a keeper.

(heart) Dave

August 22, 2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I definitely agree with the friend vibe. But as you say, she certainly is a keeper!

August 23, 2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

It never hurts to have more friends. And besides, you just never know when a friend will turn into something more... I have proof :)

August 23, 2005 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker