Thursday, July 28, 2005

No one misses me?

Fuck this. I actually have three half finished posts sitting above me. I've written all of them at work. I have little else to do, but they all seem to really go nowhere. The first one was about various rejections I've received in the last little while and the fact that even when I have been confident in the various situations, I'm met with rejection. The second was on pretty much the same topic, touching on how I haven't always been so mopey and self-deprecating, yet still had almost zero luck with the ladies (this one went back to high school in fact). The third is about the fact I have few friends, more specifically no circle of friends, something I'd love to have, but don't know how to get. I think it may be too late. None of them seemed to go anywhere and they all made me rather depressed. So I ditched them. I'll move on to three points.

1. I changed my hair style. I'm not sure if it's any good. Personally, I think I'm ugly no matter what I do. I still like the old style myself. I'm ugly, but at least I stood out. Now, I'm just another schmuck. Anyway, the old style is on the right, the new on the left. Let's see what people think. So far feedback has been split pretty much down the middle.








2. I've decided to post some of my lousy (but at least I know it's lousy!) poetry online. I think I may be the world's worst poet. Yet another thing I fail at. Hopefully it's so bad, that at least it's amusing on some ironic level. I'll do it on a real poetry site if I can find one when I'm not so lazy.

3. I just realized that I still have an extra ticket to the last of U2's four sold out shows at the ACC. At the time I bought the tickets, I was optimistic that I'd have some sort of lady friend to go with. I promised my friend Marty-boy one of the tickets, with the tacit understanding that we would each take a date. Well, he has a girlfriend, I of course do not. I'm really hoping to find someone nice to take to this. I've seen them live the last two times they were here and I would never dare miss them. Probably the hottest show of the year (four sold out shows!) and I don't think I'll be able to find anyone to go with me. How sad. I guess I can just go with M-b and sell the other two tickets on eBay and make a tidy profit. We'll see.

On a final note, I don't know why now especially, but I feel so very alone. I wish there was someone out there who was thinking about me or missing me or wanting to talk to me. People think of other people. But it just struck me, that I don't think there's anyone who thinks of me when they lie in bed or ride the bus or take their dog out or whatever. I know that I think of people. I just don't think that there's anyone who thinks of me. It makes me really sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike D said...

You are most certainly not the worst poet. Jewel owns that dubious distinction. I did the new hair but I must say I’m a bit biased against the spikey.

Lastly, we all want someone to think of us in that way. At some point I’d like to think we all get our chance.

July 28, 2005 3:18 AM  
Blogger Amberly said...

The new hair style is way better than the old one.

July 28, 2005 10:58 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I like the new hair too.

July 28, 2005 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker