Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I wonder if anyone still reads this after so long...

Well, it's been a while, I know. I'm really not doing too much better here, but I guess things haven't really gotten any worse, which is a plus. I'm still miserable and lonely, but I do want to thank all the good people who were kind enough to leave comments on the last depressing post.

Daphne, you're a sweetheart as always. RP, I do hope the band pans out, but it might not be so feasible, seeing as we're 6 hours apart. Mike D, feel free to add me to your MSN if you'd like (I'm sure my email address is somewhere in your past emails) and thank you anonymous poster for your insight (F*ck confidence!).

So anyways....what's new? I still can't get laid, I still have no friends it seems and I still hate my life......but aside from that, two things of note.

1. Some of the people who read this (if anyone still does) might know of the "Thunder Thighs" incident, AKA The worst date of all time. Long story short, I met a girl on one of them dating websites. She seemed nice and cute too. She lived about an hour away. I said "Hey, would you like to do something?" She said sure, but was uncomfortable seeing a total stranger like me one on one. So we would each bring a friend, make it less weird or something. I managed to talk my good buddy Heavy-D into coming with (I still owe him large). From the second I got there, it was THE MOST uncomfortable situation ever. Neither party seemed remotely interested in the other. I won't go into further details, but it was awful. Also, she looked quite different from her pictures and indeed had "Thunder Thighs" as Heavy-D pointed out. Ick.

So, you think I've learned my lesson? Well, not really. I continue with the internet dating, seeing it's the only thing that remotely works for me. So I'm talking to this other girl, she seems nice, we talk on the phone etc. Not wanting to make the same mistake, I did see a full body shot of her and she seemed to look alright. Not thin or anything, but certainly proportioned, plus a very pretty face. My God, pictures can be deceiving. While talking on the phone, she suggested I come and visit her at her place of work. I say fine, it's only a 20 minute drive. At least it wasn't as far and I didn't invest in an actual 'date'. She appeared to have gained 40 pounds, her hair was yucky, she had braces and terrible skin. I mean, if I have a 3 or 4 beers in me, I'd probably still do "Thunder Thighs", but this one was just.......yikes. I chatted politely and got the hell out of there ASAP. I know this makes me sound shallow, but I know I'm not a bad looking guy and I also stay in good shape. Why should I accept less? Again, I didn't actually take her to dinner or anything, so no big loss. I can actually laugh at this one. WHA HA HA!!!

2. (If you're still here).....This really cute girl that I sort of know (she worked at the Starbucks across from where I work) came in to buy cigarettes today. We always chat and stuff, a nice casual acquaintance relationship. I'm not even sure she remembers my name, to be honest. So anyhow, she mentions how she's looking for a job and if we're hiring. In fact we're looking for some one desperately and she seems very interested! She said she'd email me her resume. I'm sure she'll get hired. She pretty, plus I'll put in a good word for her. Assuming she's single, I don't think she'd be interested in me, but hopefully I can at least make another friend. We'll see.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully my next post won't take two weeks. Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

I'm glad you're back King Hippo.
I've been checking at least every other day to see if you've posted anything :)

July 06, 2005 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker