Sunday, July 10, 2005

I hope that picture isn't copywrited

So, you good people may be wondering why I'm posting an image of some random, smoking hot girl on my blog. Do I know her at all? Nope. Take a good hard look. Done? Good. Here's why: I will never have a snowball's chance in hell with anyone who looks like that. EVER. Is this just my lack of confidence/pessimism talking? No sir. This is a cold hard fact of life. Again, I don't know her and never will, but someone who looks like her, will never want a damned thing to do with someone who looks like me.

It's dawned on me that I am simply not that attractive. I got this picture from the good old Hot or Not? website (see link to the side), where I post my lousy picture and have a profile up in hopes of meeting people. It doesn't seem to work very well. I think I'm really being too picky. I seem to only click on the girls that I find both attractive (is that so wrong?) and interesting. Very rarely do they seem to click back. I think my profile is well written and the picture is by far the best I have. Yet still I don't get many replies and my score is an 8.1, which may seem okay, but this is for my very best picture EVER. In reality, I'm maybe a 6.5, 7 at the best. I know all this stuff sounds dreadfully shallow and all, but anyone who tells you that looks are unimportant is a lying sack of sh*t. Certainly they aren't everything, not by a long shot. But is it so wrong that I want someone that I'm attracted to? I went on a date (second date) with a nice girl last night that I'm really just not into on both a physical and intellectual/emotional level. She's okay I suppose, but really, I'm settling here. I guess it's come to that. I'm going to have to settle.

Now I've heard various advice all over the map on how to meet women, what women are interested in, the whole deal. Many point out how you see hot women with so-so guys all the time. These guys have money. It's that simple. They want a good looking guy, with money and a nice car. I am possessing none of these things. Plus I live with parents. Yeah, real cool. Who in the hell needs personality when you drive a Ford Thunderbird?

Now to be fair, I've asked various women (all attractive) their opinions on this. It's been about 60/40 in favor of all the shallow stuff. And when asked to be brutally honest, I've heard such things as "you're really not that attractive" and "you have to lower your standards". Ouch. Not fun to hear, but I do appreciate the honesty. In essence, don't go for the hot girls, you have no shot. They're telling me to settle....that's how it's going to be. Now on the other hand, I've also been told by at least a few people that women (even the smoking hot ones) go for guys who are fun, interesting and have great personalities. If so....what's my problem? Perhaps I lack all of those things too. *sigh* That's what I thought.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls do like guys for things other then there looks you know. Or there cars. but yes, "fun" needs to be in there. Being a downer all the time probably makes you seem not fun to girls. That's probably your problem.

July 12, 2005 12:00 AM  
Blogger Beer said...

Jesus, that girl looks like an angel!

July 12, 2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Great bod, weird teeth. Maybe it's just the picture.

July 12, 2005 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL daphne...I didn't notice her teeth until you said something. I thought "nice smile" but once I looked closer it looks like her left front tooth sticks out a little. Some might find it charming. Teeth are a big issue for me - this as I go through my 2nd round of braces at the age of 32 just to get everything perfect.

July 15, 2005 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker