Saturday, July 23, 2005

Patchwork blog

These are all a bunch of random thoughts that came into my head the other day as I was lying in bed. I actually scribbled them down in point form and I present them to you here, in blog form:

1. This is an old idea, but one I've never actually posted before. One of the reasons that girls don't like me is surely the fact that their mothers do (or inevitably will). I mean, really, would you go out with some guy that your mom thinks if fabulous? Likely not. I know this, because all of my mother's friends think I'm great. "Oh, he's just the nicest young man", "He's so polite and articulate", "Why can't my Tommy be more like him" etc. Then there's the "Oh, I have a daughter his age, you know!". Trust me, your daughter will not be interested if you are.

2. I truly do hate MSN (addicted though I may be) and all the time it takes away from what might be a rich, full life otherwise. The thing I despise most about it, is the general level of illiteracy I have to put up with whilst conversing on it. "your rite, its two hot too do nething 2day" is not a sentence. I hate this post-literate society which we seem to have entered.

3. I never really discuss politics on this blog and that's probably a good thing. It's one of my problems in 'real life' and at least I've kept it under control here. Far too many time I bring up my admiration for George W. Bush or my opposition to gay marriage, two seconds after meeting someone. Not that I'm at all ashamed of my conservative beliefs, it's probably just better to not follow up "Hi, nice to meet you" with "Man, they really should bring back the death penalty".

4. I hate sleeping alone every night. It reminds me of a great line in one of my favourite movies, Groundhog Day (a modern classic).

Q- "Did you sleep well Mr. Connors?"

A- "I slept alone Mrs. Lancaster"

Yes, I'd like to be having sex on a regular basis, but I think even more than that, I'd like to have someone to lie next to, someone to make me feel safe and warm. Yes, that's saccharine and I don't care. It's the truth. Live with it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

That's what I miss most too. Lying in bed in that perfect spot - my head where his shoulder meets his chest. Perfection.

I don't, however, miss much else. Just the cuddle-sleeping.

July 24, 2005 12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its two hott 4 cuddle-sleeping these dayz.

July 24, 2005 11:54 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Sorry Daph, I'm a but confused. You don't 'miss much else'? What else did I refer to? Sorry if I'm dense, that just confused me!

July 24, 2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

What I meant is: I don't really miss the sex; I don't really miss anything else about relationships in general. Just the cuddling at night.

July 24, 2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger Beer said...

Oh yeah, I enjoy the cudding as much as the next person, but this is preposterous:

http://www.cuddleparty.com

Yikes.

July 25, 2005 8:49 PM  
Blogger Beer said...

Speaking of preposterous, what the fuck is that?

July 25, 2005 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I truly love how it’s easy on my eyes and the details are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which ought to do the trick! Have a nice day!

June 23, 2011 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker