Friday, July 29, 2005

Nobody puts one over on Fred C. Dobbs!

I didn't get to bed until 4:00 AM the other night. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre was on and even though I've seen it many times and own it on DVD, I just had to watch. It really is one of the best films ever made and far better than anything you'll see in the theatres any time soon. Bogart gives what I think is his best performance and Walter Huston would win the all-time award for best supporting actor if they had one. It's too bad that so many people will never take the time to watch it because it's in black and white; they'd rather go see Fantastic Four or The Island.

After the movie was over, I took Bobo out for a little walk (yes, at 3:30 AM) and I realized just how much I love that little doggie. Bobo is always there for me and I can tell him anything. I know that he'll never let me down, never hurt me in any way and the same is true in reverse. He’s probably my best friend, the only person I can completely trust. Whenever I feel low, the sight of his beautiful little face cheers me up right away. I love him totally without condition (as if there is such a thing as conditional love) and I always will. If everyone were half as nice to me as Bobo is, I think I’d be a pretty happy person.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike D said...

A good movie is a good movie. Not to sound like one of those people who idolises all things old, just 'cause they're old but they rarely make films like those any more. Plus it really is hard to top Bogart isn't it? Well I happen to be more of a Cary Grant fan but you get the point.

July 29, 2005 11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog.
Love the dog.
Love Cary Grant.
Who's makeup is that behind Bobo in the picture?

July 30, 2005 6:47 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

My mother's. And I never mentioned Cary Grant, MikeyD did....I like Cary Grant, but way to steal Bogart's thunder.

July 30, 2005 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you didn't mention him, just letting you know who my favorite is. You're very wise for someone your age. Keep writing!

July 31, 2005 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker