Saturday, August 06, 2005

Too lazy to blog

Jesus, I haven't posted since Tuesday. I really am lazy. I've just been entirely catatonic lately. Barely able to move, other than get up, shower, go to work, come home, vegetate. That's it. What a life. I don't even really go out anymore. Well, it looks like I am tonight for once. Yippee. I'm sure I'll have tons of fun. Judging from the dwindling feedback over the last few posts, I'm not even sure if anyone ever reads this anymore. Maybe it was my rather mean-spirited post earlier this week that turned people off. I can't say I blame them; I was a jerk.

On a strange note, I think I may be falling in love with a girl I've never met. I really am an idiot. I 'met' her on one of those dating sites which I spend too much time on (i.e. Lavalife, Hot or Not, Campus Kiss etc). She lives about a four hour drive away, so the odds of me ever actually meeting her are slim to none. We chat on MSN pretty much everyday, for at least an hour or two every time. She almost always messages me first, so it's not like I'm the one bugging her to talk. I really do love chatting with her, plus she is rather foxy. Again, she's rather far away. It's not like I'm ever going to meet her at any point. This is stupidity, isn't it? I really have to get a life.

8 Comments:

Blogger fortey said...

I don't know you so I dunno why I feel the need to get into this but hey, here goes. My girlfriend lives in Chicago. I live in London. That's one hell of a drive. And I don't have a car. But we've been together for over 5 years and yeah, I met her online too. We get to see each other every couple of months, so it's working out alright.

In a nutshell, don't knock it. It could work out better than you think.

August 07, 2005 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hippo man, all signs point to yes. For the love of all that's holy, including the band, man up. If she is messaging you first, she is obviously interested in you.

Furthermore, long conversations with few lulls (as in the be right backs) show that she is devoting attention mostly to you.

Give it a go, what's the worst that could happen.

Dave

August 09, 2005 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the above poster.

August 09, 2005 6:31 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

seconded.

August 09, 2005 6:52 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Again...she lives 4 hours away. How do I, er, 'make the first move'? I can't exactly ask her out for coffee just like that. Know what I mean?

August 09, 2005 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, as much as I care little for msn, it appears we are living in a world where it is acceptable to petition a lady online and not seem pathetic. Go technology. Anyways....

I would suggest something like this. The next time she messages you or you notice she is online, or whatever.

After some fun chat, or whatever, perhaps something like this. "Hey (insert female name), you know, I really enjoy talking to you. I realize you are 4 hours away, but if it's not to early, I was wondering if you would be interested in meeting for (insert beverage name here).

You have a car, so you'd have to shell out the gas, but hey, not a biggie, right.

She seems to have an interest in you, otherwise she would not take the time to message. This was a problem of mine, you have to recognize the signs of interest and capitalize. Now, you can't go there expecting to add another King Hippo to the world, but go with optimism and an open mind.

And the beauty of this is, that if she says no, big deal. It was over MSN. You can always pretend like it never happened.

Good luck buddy, lay one on the line.

(heart) Dave

P.S. We are still no closer to finding a bass player, but I was thinking of giving Jeff lead guitar and transfering to bass myself. I'll let you know.

August 10, 2005 12:53 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Word. Thanks for the advice Daver. I might just go for it. Ask if she wants to do something, drive way the hell out there, maybe stay the night in a motel and drive back. I guess it's not THAT weird.

August 10, 2005 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I kinda forgot about the fact you gotta come home. Some of the times, you just gotta stay up late. Sacrifice the self for the lady.

(heart) Daver

August 10, 2005 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker