Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Why, oh why?

I just had to get all political there. Really, I should have known better. I know that anytime you get all political and such, people are always going to disagree with you, but I really don't have the time or energy for pointless "inter-feuds" with random trolls. Post a reply or polite rebuttal. I have no problem with that, in fact I encourage it. But people who argue, often just for the very sake of arguing, I really have no time for. People have disagreed with me on here before, mildly told me off when I was being too much of a depressing jerk and I've no problem with that. I was being a depressing jerk. When I'm wrong, I'll admit it. But if people are going to be assholes for no reason, I'm just going to delete the comment. I really hate to censor like that, but I'm not going to have all civility just fly out the window here. Please feel free to disagree with me at any time. I'm happy to reply to any comments, but I just don't have any desire to spend countless hours writing multiple back and forth comments. I may lament my lack of a 'life', but even I have more important things to do.

So what else...

Saw that girl I'm sort of seeing again on Friday. I really have to end it before Christmas-time. Things are well beyond phone or email break-up. This ain't gonna be easy. I know it's not meant to be when all I can think of after engaging in certain activities, all I can think is "I need to end this". Yikes.

Went to the Raptors game with 'Beer' yesterday. Fun times, even if the "Craptors" lost again. They did make a real run towards the end, sending the game to overtime with no time left on the clock, but a loss is a loss. Oh well. Haven't gone to see 'em since they played in the Skydome. Wow! While I was purchasing the first of my three $9 (!!!) beers, the very cute girl who served me started asking me questions about some project she was supposedly doing. She asked me "Do you drink beer often" and I said "I guess so". She had a list of various invented beer names and was asking me which I liked and if I had any clever suggestions (at the time I didn't, though A ton popped into my head afterwards). She even blew off other customers to continue talking to me (they were not impressed)! I had the intention of going back and buying another beer from her, but when I walked by, her kiosk thingee was closed. I'm still not over it. Was this girl flirting with me? Was she really just doing some stupid project? And why did I return to the game? I should have kept talking to her. But no, I had to watch basketball. And when I came back, she was gone. Just like that girl at the karaoke bar, I'll never see her again. I am so stupid.

Working (ha!) on a 1500 word essay that was due yesterday. I've barely started. Have another due Wednesday. I'm just not able to focus at all. Is this how everyone is? Or am I just an idiot? (Don't answer that). I have class at 11:00, so I have about nine hours to finish this, assuming I go on ZERO sleep. I supposed I could skip that class and just go to the 2:00 PM class to hand in my essay. I really do hate to miss class though. I don't know anyone, so there's no way for me to get missed notes. I suppose I could use it as an excuse to finally talk to that cute red haired girl. But I won't. I'll end up going to class. I'm just too much of a coward.

9 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Ahh.... your procrastinating brings me back to my University days.... I was the queen of the all-nighter. Those were the days.

Not that I'd go back and do any of it again, of course. But still, it's fun to reminisce.

November 15, 2005 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so is censorship the cool thing to do now? it must be if king hippo is doing it. by all means why would you want to allow freedom of speech on a place so rigid as the interent.

word to the wise, if you don't want people to submit their own opinions in rebuttal to your own, then you should stop posting opinions of any kind. or if you really don't want to argue with someone then don't respond to them at all. By starting or ending comments with the phrase "this will be my last comment on this topic" and yet continuing to comment further on down the road, you are telling evryone that you are a wanker who can not stick to his own convictions.

btw, feel free to delete this comment in the name of censorship and all things polite and well mannered. i know you want to.

November 15, 2005 6:35 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Such a sad little troll...really, nothing better to do than to engage in a petty internet feud with some random. Ta-ta.

November 15, 2005 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see that's better! i'm glad to see you show some self control! it wasn't hard to not retaliate was it? and now you aren't trapped in some back and forth feud, like you were on the previous post. Good job king hippo.

November 15, 2005 9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, honestly! This is getting pretty pathetic! If you, Roger Doger, have had the time and effort to skim through King Hippo's previous blog entry, he clearly states that he does NOT want to argue about his own opinions and what not! This is a free thing, his OWN blog, let the man speak for himself. If you don't like what he has to say, why don't YOU try keeping your own opinions to yourself?!

November 15, 2005 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Alright, honestly! This is getting pretty pathetic! If you, Roger Doger, have had the time and effort to skim through King Hippo's previous blog entry, he clearly states that he does NOT want to argue about his own opinions and what not! This is a free thing, his OWN blog, let the man speak for himself. If you don't like what he has to say, why don't YOU try keeping your own opinions to yourself?!"

Stating an opinion and then not wanting to argue or defend that opinion is really quite suspect, don't you think?

November 15, 2005 9:55 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Wow, what a crazy couple of days on the Most Depressing Blog, eh King Hippo?

November 16, 2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger LU said...

Would you actually censor people's comments King Hippo? I could understand it if people were being abusive, but are you going to censor people just for having a differing opinion?

By the way, the new blog format is much more interesting than your previous "woe is me" format! cudos. It provides me endless reading material on my dreary lunch breaks.

November 16, 2005 9:00 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I really don't have the strength to reply to all of this right now. I've just finished one major assignment and am working on another. I haven't slept in three days. For now:

1. Don't patronize me R.D. / Cliff (reg. Nov. 15, 9:04 PM). I'm not a child.

2. What's suspect about stating an opinion and then not having the desire to argue / defend it? To not acknowledge that other opinions exist or to not allow that opinion to be heard is suspect, but some people just don't have the time to constantly snipe back and forth on a blog all day long. I'll state my view, feel free to state yours. But it's my blog, I get the last word if I choose. I think it's only fair. I really don't have time for endless debating.

3. No Lu, I have no desire to censor someone just because their opinion may differ from mine. I will censor / delete any comments in which people are being asshole, just like I said. In my opinion, the initial reply to my poppy post was very mean spirited in tone. I did not care for it. I'm sure the poster will disagree with that, but I have a hunch that if people go back and read it again, they'll see I'm right on this one. I didn't delete it, though I could have. I'd rather not have to resort to that.

Had the post been a simple "well, I think you're wrong and this is why, have a nice day" type deal, the most I'd have done is thanked the poster for their opinion. But the tone of the comment was no where near that. Had I said, "all people who don't wear poppies are bad people and deserve to burn in hell", I'd have deserved it. All I said was that the majority of those who neglect to wear one don't care enough about Remembrance Day. I stand by that.

The next time I voice an opinion, feel free to disagree, just in a polite and respectful manner. No more on this, please. I'm tired and I need to get some rest.

November 16, 2005 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker