Monday, August 13, 2007

Eddie Van Halen's son is FAT. Should probably join his mom at Jenny Craig.

Sorry that I haven't updated this thing in quite the while. It's possible that I just don't care anymore. Not like I have better things to do. Let me see if I can try to encapsulate a typical day.
What time I wake up depends upon a number of factors. If I have to work (i.e. at 7:00 or 9:00) then I will typically wake up about an hour before said time. Not enough to eat breakfast, I will usually do that (have a bagel) at my first break. I will finish my shift, I will return home with after praying that my brakes don't fail on the highway (still haven't gotten a new car). I will likely have dinner sometime after my return. I might also take a nap. For the rest of the night I will do a combination of several things. I will mindlessly surf the internet. Not really even doing anything in particular. Research cars. Read the news and other sites I like to check out. I don't really use MSN anymore. When I do decide to log in, no one really talks to me much so it's not even worth it.

I will also watch television. Whatever is on really. Re-runs of South Park and Seinfeld. Stuff like that. Shows I've seen every episode of a dozen times over. If baseball is on, I'll watch that. Unless the Jays are losing too badly. I have yet to go to a game this season, despite the fact that I'm a big fan. I don't see myself getting out to one. Who would I go with? So I just sit at home and watch it by myself.

Sometimes I'll play video games. Alls I have is an outdated Nintendo GameCube. Nothing fancy. I didn't even really touch that for the longest time until recently. I'm not much of a video gamer, seeing as I pretty much suck at every game I attempt. I do sort of enjoy it. At least it kills time...which is I guess why I recently started playing again. I'm very bored. Picked up Resident Evil 4. Read excellent reviews so I decided to give it a whirl. It's pretty fun. I wish I had an X-Box 360 or maybe a Wii. But I really can't justify the expense for something that I realistically won't use that much. Perhaps when the prices come down a bit more.

This is about it. This is my life. Every single day, pretty much without fail. Grabbing a snack will be a highlight. If I'm not working or working a late shift (like at the cigar store) I might lie out in the sun for a bit. I'm not sure why I should care about being tanned. Pasty or with some colour, I'm not impressing anyone. If the grass needs to be mowed, I will do that. Take the trash out once a week. Run the occasional errand to the grocery store. Do laundry when I need to. Enjoying a cool glass of water from my nice water cooler. And I drink. Not if I have to work early the next day. But if I'm off or work late, absolutely. It takes my mind off the fact that what is written above is what makes up my life. I drink the codeine water. It helps too. It might be wrecking my liver but I don't really care so much. Still pining away for that brief, beautiful period when the white stuff was in my possession and wishing that I could get my hands on some more. It made things even better than the booze or codeine water did.

I'm actually composing this post while sitting at work (cigar store). One of the few things that is able to get me out of the house. One of the few things I actually have to do. I'm not sure just which job I loathe more. This one is rather depressing. It's lonely here and time passes rather slowly. Gives me lots of time to do things like contemplate on my crappy life and write stuff like this. I was actually enjoying a nice meal and sort of relaxing when my evil boss Sanjay walked in. Nice. So my one happy, peaceful time of the day was ruined. And cute girls always walk by. But at the other place we have them there constantly. They work there. It stinks. Otherwise time does pass more quickly and I make more money, but I actually do have to work. So it's probably a wash.

This really has been the worst summer of my life and that's saying a lot. Less than a month before I return to school, not really in much of a better financial position. Well sort of. My debts will have been wiped clean (save school) and I'll at least (hopefully) have a (sort of) new car to show for it. And they will be waiting for me. All the very beautiful U of T girls that want nothing to do with me.

6 Comments:

Blogger cutekilla said...

Hello? Didn't Barb and I invite you to a game with us? I know it hasn't happened yet, but GEEZ!

August 15, 2007 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lock it up man! We are in the process of forming a band, its probably like a month away, but it should have all necessary instruments encompassed. Then you can come sing for us again. Also, if you want to go to a Jay's game sometime in the next two weeks, let me know. I am always down now that my responsibilities are out the window until september 10th.

(heart) Dosi

August 15, 2007 6:53 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

A-Mac Whenever you guys want to go, I'm down! Just let me know. It's not like my schedule is that full.

Dosi I hope you're not just whistlin' Dixie about the band thing...it was one of the few things that kept me going. Once in a while I still sit down at my woefully underused baby grand piano and half-assedly work at the few songs I've been trying to write. Though I'm still not sure about my singing skills...I've yet to see that 'Drive' footage. I do hope it was better than 'Lady in Red'.

And the Jays do have three more games on this homestand. I work tomorrow but have nothing but free time Tuesday and Wednesday...

And sorry for the delayed responses, my computer was out of commission for a few days.

August 19, 2007 5:31 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Hey Mike,

Saw this and thought of you:
http://www.teeful.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ABC%2D28

August 22, 2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

The link doesn't work!

August 23, 2007 11:27 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Hmm, works for me - cut & paste it. It's a shirt that says, "If Wikipedia says it, it must be true".

August 24, 2007 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker