Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mel Gibson may give up the booze, but not me!

So I think I've realized the secret of success here. Well, okay maybe not quite. See, I had just written an entire post and then in my drunken state, accidentally lost the whole fucking thing, which really fucking burns me. But I'm not going to let it get to me. Shit happens.

Anyway, I think I'd be much more successful if I were just drunk all the time. I don't mean stupid, throwing up all over the streets drunk. I mean...well, just loose, comfortable. Honest. Like I am now. I think that's what I need. Now I know, it's not a real confidence. Yes, it is manufactured, but it's better that faking it. People can see phonies and besides, no one likes a fake. I know I don't. So perhaps I should just carry around my whiskey flask with me at all times. When I see a cute girl and I can't muster up the guts to talk to her, why not just take a shot (or two or three) of liquid courage to help me out? Instead of being consumed by fear and doubt and all that shit, I'm just going to say what I feel, do what I want, go for what I want. I can't do it on my own, I know that. So what's wrong with having a little helping hand?

In the spirit of my new-found total honesty, may I ask why the fuck we (and by we I mean the USA or Japan or any civilized country which cares about the safety of the free world) haven't bombed the living shit out of North Korea yet? Here we have a country, an isolationist, communist dictatorship, run by a man who is a TOTAL nutbar in possession of a nuclear weapon. If anyone disagrees with my assessment of this, please feel free to go ahead and live there for a day. Thanks, I thought so. Anyways, we have an official statement saying that any "attempts by the outside world to penalize North Korea with sanctions will be considered an act of war". Sanctions is the very least that should be done. I mean, my God, I feel for the poor suffering people who live under this tyranny. But if they think that sanctions are an act of war, why not just go the one logical step further and show them who's boss? What's to stop this impoverished country from selling these weapons to the highest bidder or in fact any bidder? Take them out NOW, before it's too late. Israel, thank God, did so with Iraq in the 1980's when they were developing nukes. It needs to be done now with North Korea before it goes any further. Treating these kind of threats with kid gloves isn't the answer here. A psychopath like Kim Jong Il doesn't understand that. The US has made the mistake of being too soft with Iran and not taking enough of a hardline approach in Iraq. They (and their allies) can't afford to make the same mistake here.

Sorry, this might come across as rambling. Again, I had to re-type it all from memory, seeing as it was all probably better the first time. At any rate, forgive my drunkenness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

This is painful but the U.S. can't touch North Korea because it would hurt Wal-Mart.

The closest country North Korea has for an ally is China and the Chinese rep in the U.N. has already watered down any possible reaction.

China is essential to Wal-Mart (and others) in both sales and production. Losing China's official "Most Favored" status would cost billions.

Wal-Mart contributes enough to both parties that military action is extremely unlikely (at least from the U.S.)

Short-term profits trump long-term solutions.

October 14, 2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Um, I'm not sure about the whole Wal*Mart thing, I'll have to take your word for that...(though I'm a bit skeptical that would be the reason. For now I do agree that military action is unlikely, gladly sanctions are in place, hopefully they're do something at least.

October 15, 2006 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker