Thursday, October 05, 2006

It shouldn't be this difficult to make a blog entry

Sorry folks, I know that once again I haven't been updating this thing. Not only do I have this terrible lazy streak, there's also the school thing and the fact that I'm just so bloody tired all the time. I don't really feel like doing an update right now, but I should at least write something, at least to confirm that I am still alive.

Still far behind on various reading and such. Won't be long before various assignments are due and though I could very easily have started on several, I've done squat. No surprise there. Class really continues to be uneventful; I show up, I take notes, I go home. There are a couple of other issues I would like to bring up, but again, the laziness thing. Even writing takes up too much of my damned energy.

One interesting thing did happen to me today though, which I do think is worth noting. A couple of months ago, I was sitting in my sister's car, waiting for her to return something at a store or something like that. I don't actually remember and it doesn't really matter. What does, is that unlike my car, my sister's is always a bloody mess with all sorts of crap always strewn about. One of those things was an old copy of NOW Magazine which was left lying on the floor. In order to pass the time, I decided to take a glance at it and came across a mention of someone whom I had known in my first couple of years of high school, someone who was one of my few friends those miserable first few years (the last two were a good time though, but I digress). Anyways, she moved away at the beginning of Grade 11 and we lost touch shortly thereafter. It always saddened me that this happened and I so I decided to Google her on the off chance I might find an email address or something, which I did. Long story short, I said that we should grab a coffee, that it would be cool to see each other, seeing as we hadn't in about ten years (!!!). Today we finally got around to doing so and though I guess it was nice to see her again after all this time, I doubt that we'll be doing more than exchanging Christmas cards hereafter at best.

I don't know where I was going with all this, but in a sense I'm sort of sad that I did see her again. She was someone that I had considered to have been a very close friend in the past, someone that I remembered with wistful nostalgia. Seeing her today was...well, sort of a let down. I guess I wish that I was happier (in a strange melancholy sense) remembering her as she was back then, rather than now. I guess this doesn't make any sense. It's just one of those things that's hard to put into words, even for someone with my literary skills. Hope you all got the gist of it.

So that's it, long weekend coming up. The weather should be nice. Going to this silly thing at Wonderland with girly on Saturday. Hope it goes well, have already made tentative plans to see her next week as well. For tonight it's just me staying in with a bottle of red wine and one of them chocolate orange dealies. Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

so? how was it?

October 08, 2006 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker