Sunday, September 10, 2006

If the rumors are to be believed, Andy Roddick is the real winner here

So that's it...school tomorrow. Friday night had drinks with Marty Boy and finally got around to seeing Snakes on a Plane. Went bowling with my friend Blondie who recently got back from New Zealand yesterday. Today was largely spent tidying stuff up, making sure I have all sorts of stuff ready and watching sports.

The Blue Jays are all but dead, so I focused on football and tennis. Watched two entertaining games today, New England over Buffalo 19-17 and Indy over the Giants 26-21 in the battle of the Mannings. Roger Federer continued his quest to become the greatest player of all-time by capturing his 9th Grand Slam title over Andy Roddick, who gave it a good run there for a while. But it doesn't look like there's any stopping Roger right now. Last night I happened to catch the replay of the U.S. Open women's final. Unfortunately, I had already heard the result, yet I watched pretty much the entire match. Why you might ask? It's really not that hard to figure that one out. You see, Maria Sharapova was victorious in claiming her 2nd Grand Slam title and though many people know her better from all of her various endorsements, she really is one of the best women's players in the world right now. But why did I watch? Because there is no escaping the fact that she is seriously one fine piece of ass.























Now it's off to bed, with the depressing thoughts that I have to wake up early for class tomorrow and that I will never have a woman who looks anywhere near as hot as Maria does.

8 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

your blog's not that depressing... ;-)

September 11, 2006 1:25 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Perhaps not this entry or the last few. But if you go back and read some past posts or keep reading long enough, you'll see that it is!

September 11, 2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger K. said...

you're canadian. i don't know any depressed canadians!! Canadians are fun!! and sweet!! and so much more lighthearted than your arrogant self-righteous neighbors to the south...

September 11, 2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I am neither fun, nor lighthearted, nor sweet. At least I don't ever admit to myself or others that I am. Though I probably am arrogant and self-righteous and would likely fit in better down south (or at least in Alberta).

And for the record, I've generally found Americans to be nicer than Canadian, at least on the whole.

September 12, 2006 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude... you need to lighten up. Life is hard, but it's harder when you're an ass to your own self. Cheer up. Yeah, you're gonna say the opposite of the above, but as the outsider looking in, you're not only a stick in the mud, you're grown beyond to to a damn forest in a swamp.

September 12, 2006 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

****Dude... you need to lighten up. Life is hard, but it's harder when you're an ass to your own self. Cheer up. Yeah, you're gonna say the opposite of the above, but as the outsider looking in, you're not only a stick in the mud, you've grown beyond to a damn forest in a swamp.

Whoops, found a couple spelling mistakes. Carry on.

September 12, 2006 10:55 PM  
Blogger K. said...

self-loathing is a habit typical of most Americans between the age of 25-35 who consider themselves "Democrats"

Alberta's never been the same since the Jets moved to Phoenix. But don't they have some newfound oil reserves way way way up in the northern tundra, that part of Canada that touches the North Pole?

I met Brian Mulrooney once. It was 1996. he sat behind me with his family for a taping of the Tonight Show. No security anywhere in sight. I thought that was sorta cool.

uh, carry on...

p.s. - wasn't there a cool forest/swamp in The Princess Bride? Fred Savage and Cary Elwes's early work...

September 13, 2006 1:13 AM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

I honestly would cheer up if I could. I don't like hating myself, but if you were in my place, you'd probably feel the same way.

For the record, the Jets used to play in Winnipeg, which is actually in Manitoba, it is cool that you met Brian Mulroney (though he's not one of my favourites and I'm a Conservative Party member) and yes, there was a swamp in that film. It was one of my favourites when I was a kid and it still holds up pretty well.

September 13, 2006 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker