Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?

How's about an update, my lovelies? Haven't done one in a few days, my little tribute to the late, great Steve Irwin notwithstanding. Perhaps I'll see if there's anything interesting going on in my life. Oh wait, there isn't? Quite a shock. Well, let's go forward anyways and see if we can try and make something out of nothing, shall we?

My long-weekend was less than stellar, but that really shouldn't be a surprise. On Thursday I drove out to the Hamilton area to touch base with The Colonel and Double D regarding "The Band". Beyond drawing up some tentative rehearsal plans and getting a list of songs to work on down, we didn't really do that much, but that's to be expected for the first meeting since...well forever. Still, it's a step in the right direction, a sign that things will hopefully be on track soon. I just hope that this whole band thing doesn't bring back certain memories I'd rather keep repressed...we shall see about that one. I still sort of hate passing the exit to Highway 6 South...*sigh*. And as for the band name, "Dirty Stairs"? I don't know...I still think it sounds too garage band. I'd prefer "The WTFs" or "The New Jerseys". But I suspect I'll be outvoted on this issue.

Anyways, that was pretty much it, that was my weekend. It was over before it had even really begun. Didn't get up to anything else, but that's pretty much the norm with me. I snoozed and lost with the speed-dating thing I was considering...by the time I had made up my mind to go, there were no more slots left. I'll not make that mistake again; I'm determined to go to the next one on September 20th. My therapist suggested that I really should give it a try. Besides, someone with as few options as me should take whatever they can. I haven't heard anything regarding this potential blind date lately, so I'm not sure what the status of that is. To be fair, I did reply that the lady wasn't really my type after seeing her picture, though I was still willing to go through with it and give it a go. We'll see if anything happens. The last glimmer of hope that I had was the ONE person who actually did reply to my Lavalife thing. We exchanged a couple of emails and we resolved to chat over MSN, though I haven't seen her online since I added her and that was about a week ago. So I should probably stop resting any hope there.

So sadly, I don't have anything good to report, as usual. I did eat at Taco Bell yesterday for the first time in my life yesterday and let me say it was DELISH! I can see why they won the franchise wars (See: Demolition Man). True, I didn't feel so great afterwards. But it was hella tasty. Also bought myself a new stereo for my shitty car and in the process probably doubled the value of the thing. It was my going back to school present to myself; no one else is going to buy me one after all. Back to school...less than a week now. I don't know what to think about it, I really don't. Probably best NOT to think about it and just let it happen. I just hope this year I somehow manage to meet people there, but I don't know how to make that happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker