Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Two posts in one day. WTF?

Hmmm, not sure why I posted that last one...I have odd dreams all the time and yet I chose to post about this one. Maybe seeing as it was about someone I know, which for me is very unusual. The only other young lady I ever dreamed about was the receptionist at the hair salon next to my work. I was in a hotel room, left to get ice and came back to find her in my room, plus a random couple in the bathroom. I didn't really check on what they were doing, but she and I also took a nap...weird. But in the dream about the girl at the hair salon, she was topless. Also, I told her about my dream. I think she got a kick out of it. However, she still won't go out with me. Now that I think of it, I also had a dream with our good friend 'Beer' in it (no, we didn't nap together, thankfully). In this dream, I was a character in some bizarre computer role-playing game and he another character who was the leader of some other people and though he seemed to be on my side, I remember being very suspicious of him. It probably turned out that he was the villain, but we never got that far. Anyways, if this most recent person got wind of the fact that I'd had a dream about her, I'm not sure if she'd be amused. So I'll keep her identity a secret.

Getting back on track, I must thank all the nice people for their feedback on the pictures. I suspected as much and also agree that the first picture is the best (which is maybe why I subconsciously placed it first). It is indeed the picture I mostly use for all my Lavalife / Hot or Not type stuff. So despite the fact that I'm putting my best face forward (as it were), I'm really not getting anywhere. The best I can manage is a pathetic 7.6 on my Hot or Not rating and ZERO Lavalife feedback. Interestingly, one of the Lavalife poll questions up this week is "What is most sexy?". For women responding, the breakdown is as follows:

Overall Looks: 21%
Humor: 30%
Confidence: 49%


At least men are a lot more honest. Overall looks are most important to them, with 48% of the votes. I think I'm a pretty good writer, I've been told so on many occasions. My profile write-up is clever enough. Also, I've been very careful not to put anything self-deprecating it there, so I'm sure there confidence part is as good as it can get in an internet profile. But the looks? Hmm, that seems to be where I fail here. I honestly can't think of any other reason why. Now I know I completely lack any confidence in real life, but if I were better looking, I really wouldn't need any. And because I'm not, I don't have any. Well, I'm sure it goes far deeper than that. I wish there was something, anything I could do. My only thing right now is to go ahead with the speed dating. I’ve been sent an invitation to an event on September 5th and I think I’ll be replying in the affirmative. It won’t be long until I hit rock bottom here. This speed-dating thing has all the makings of a HUGE disaster, on the level of the whole “Thunder Thighs” debacle. I still can’t apologize to D Rock enough for that one. Things are so rough for me right now, I can’t even begin to put it into words. And there is truly no end in sight to my troubles, no prospects or anything. I don’t think anyone can really relate to my loneliness.

I guess that’s it yet again from me…I still haven’t gotten to my big deal political rant and maybe it’s best that I don’t. I actually have much of it written; maybe I’ll save it for another time, maybe not. By the time I do get around to it, it probably won’t be topical anymore anyways. In short, I just wanted to come out and state my support for Israel in the current and indeed, ongoing conflict. If anyone really wants me to fully state my position, whether it be here or in private, I’ll be happy to. I do just want to say how proud I am of our Prime Minister for his incredibly brave and principled position on this important issue, one which has actually COST him in the polls. I have a theory as to why that has happened, but people won’t like to hear it, that’s for sure. And I know, simpleminded detractors are so keen to explain his stance as kowtowing to the United States and George W. Bush, something which is unbelievably ridiculous. I for one am proud to finally have a leader in this country who believe that the democratic and sovereign nation of Israel has a right to defend itself from a terror organization bent on wiping the state of Israel off the map and I’m sure wouldn’t be too saddened to see all Jewish people with it. But I digress. This isn’t a political blog. However, if anyone feels the need to debate the issue, I’m more than happy and prepared to do so. Thanks kids. Take care.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thunder Thighs? Oh you must explain that one...

August 16, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Of course I remember you, Nicole and it's no problem to put it on my blog. I shall write you ASAP, as I will take any opportunity I can get, blind date or otherwise.

As for the "Thunder Thighs" incident, click here for a brief recap of it. I have no desire to go into lots of detail in regards to that ever again.

August 16, 2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

P.S. Is this 'blind date' just your clumsy way of asking me out?

"I have this friend and I think you two would really get along well" and then I show up and it's you? If that is the case, you can skip the little game, of course I'll go out with you, you're super pretty!

P.P.S. I just torpedoed any chance of you setting me up on an actual blind date, didn't I?

August 17, 2006 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker