Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Oh, someone give me a reason to get up in the morning

I should really apologize for the angry nature of the last post...I've been very moody lately, shifting frequently between sadness, anger and indifference. For now I'm in the latter stage. I'm not sure if it's the best place to be. Anger at least motivates me to get something done, whereas right now I don't have much desire to do anything. Life ain't great. I think my social life has officially died, having been on life support for quite a while. In fact, I'll be shocked if I leave the house except to go to work for the remainder of the summer. The Hall & Oates concert seems to be a total write-off, a huge waste of money. I really, truly need some friends. If it were as easy as 'go make some' I would, but let's face it, it isn't. People have told me to just 'go out and make some friends', but I honestly don't think it's nearly that simple. If anyone out there reading has gone and successfully done it, please do let me know how.

I've decided to join a gym, but that's really because I'm not feeling great lately, what with the being sleepy all the time. That plus I feel out of shape and am beginning to look it for the first time in my life. Will I make friends while working out? Have any of you...honestly? I'd be amazed. I really think I'm destined to be alone. No friendship, no companionship. Nothing but a fat, old dog keeping my feet warm at night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amberly said...

Yes! Awesome! Joining the gym is such a great idea! Even if you don't meet friends there, at least you're getting out and doing something! And it'll make you feel so good about yourself!

July 27, 2006 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be your buddy as long as I don't have to go to any Hall and Oats concerts.
Sam

July 27, 2006 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker