Saturday, July 08, 2006

"Only the lonely...know the way I feel tonight..."

I'm still in rather miserable straights and don't really feel like writing anything of substance just yet, nor would I likely have the strength to do so even if I had the inclination. I have several huge rants that are still stewing inside me, but I'm not ready to let loose just yet. A couple of things however, if I may.

I think I may have had a mild stroke last night, I'm not sure. The whole left side of my body was in pain, this sharp sort of feeling. I was also short of breath and had trouble seeing. Whatever it was, I wasn't doing well at all. I seriously think it may have been a mild stroke. Either that or maybe it had something to do with my diet lately. Yesterday I had Mexican food for dinner and EXTREMELY spicy Pad Thai the night before. So maybe it was just gas. I think I feel better now.

Secondly, I had the strangest dream the other night. I dreamt that I was putting on a one-act play about the life of Roy Orbison (!?). Among the things that I remember about the dream is that the play was only 45 minutes long (it had to be under 50 to qualify for the festival) and though I was the writer and director of the play, I wasn't acting in it. Yet for some reason, I provided the singing voice for Roy. Also there was some trouble getting the play together in time, something to do with problems regarding the props and costumes. I think we went over budget and had to scrimp on the costumes or find them from what the people in the cast had in their existing wardrobes. After the play was over I believe the cast and crew went up to my old cottage for the after party, though this may have been part of another dream. No wonder I sleep something like 16 hours a day. This is way better than my lousy real life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

I had a dream that I was the woman who played Janet on Three's Company, and it was John Ritter's funeral. I actually woke up crying.

Who knew I felt so deeply for John Ritter?

July 12, 2006 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker