Saturday, May 27, 2006

We're a year old...

Well folks, it was a year ago today that "The World's Most Depressing Blog" was created. After the death of "The Worst Blog in History" and its largely forgotten sequel, I decided to strike out on my own and take all my whining and complaining from other people's forums to one that I could be master and commander of. Frankly, I'm shocked that it's still up. At times I may run out of things to complain about and sometimes I'm just plain lazy, but I'm someone who doesn't like to cut and run if things are in a bit of a lull. I'm sure there will come a day in which I'll finally lay this thing to rest, but it won't be anytime soon. Thanks to all the kind folks who read this and are kind enough to post a comment here and there I still feel good doing the whole blog thing. I know that it feels as if the blog has peaked already, but hopefully I can inject some new life in it, if I can come up with any good ideas. If anyone has any, do feel free to share! Perhaps even adding a guest columnist is a good answer; if anyone has the desire to contribute, feel free to contact me. Please note however that the blog is still called "The World's Most Depressing Blog" and that general complaining and petty whining are mostly what I'm looking for, though other topics are certainly welcome in order to mix things up. Maybe someone whose life is as miserable as mine, though truthfully things aren't as bad in my world as they were a year ago.

Anyways, I'd like once again thank everyone who reads and comments. So to D-Rock, Beer, Daphne, Chachi, Colonel, Dosi, Squirrely, Bertmos, Punk Angel, Mikey D, LU and anyone I may have missed, Bobo and I thank you for your kind support.

Hugs and kisses and kicks and punches,

-Mike

6 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Depressing Blog!!! Eat some cake!

May 27, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger Beauty Marks said...

WOOT! Happy Birthday... blog! GO TEAM YOU!! WOOOOOT!

May 29, 2006 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hippo,

Congrats on the anniversary. Your blog has lasted longer than most of my relationships. Perhaps this anniversary should mark a point for me where I actually sign up and get an account, although I doubt that's going to happen.

Cheers,
(heart) Dosi

May 29, 2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger King Hippo said...

Thanks for all the kind wishes folks. And for the record, I don't care for cake, but if you had some creme brulee, I'd certainly go for it.

May 29, 2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Yuk. you can have my share of the creme brulee. If there's one thing worse than custard, it's carmelized custard. blech. I'll eat the cake, you can have the creme brulee.

May 30, 2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger Amberly said...

Mmmm creme brulee.....Mmmmm.....desserts in general

May 30, 2006 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker